News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

New tattoos...

Started by ryanvc76, December 26, 2006, 06:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanvc76

I got two new tattoos today and thought this would be a good place to share it.  I'll post up some pics as soon as they heal...

Left wrist:

Right wrist:
---=---=---=---=---
http://www.vancleave.de
---=---=---=---
"[The Bible] has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." - Mark Twain

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

---=---

Whitney

cool, does the left tat mean anything in particular?

I have a butterfly on my back and an abstracted Doric column on my ankle (which I need to get touched up since it didn't take well the first time).

parrotpirate67

wolfs head on upper left arm,parrot on upper right,sailing ship on left shoulder,mermaid on right. fairly traditional style work.

MommaSquid

I've got a "bracelet" on my right wrist; a vine with a few flowers.  I've been meaning to get one on my leg, too, but it's not a top priority.

Hubby has a wolf head (in profile) on his upper right arm.

ryanvc76

Quote from: "laetusatheos"cool, does the left tat mean anything in particular?

It's been suggested as a symbol for the godless...  I liked it and got the tat.  More about it here:  http://intepid.com/2005-05-25/00.39

This is what they looked like on the day I got them:

---=---=---=---=---
http://www.vancleave.de
---=---=---=---
"[The Bible] has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." - Mark Twain

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

---=---

Whitney

Quote from: "ryanvc76"

It's been suggested as a symbol for the godless...  I liked it and got the tat.  More about it here:  http://intepid.com/2005-05-25/00.39

I like that.  I might just incorporate it into the new site design (which I was meaning to get around to over this break...but that's not going to happen since I still need to get my portfolio together for job searching).

McQ

Quote from: "laetusatheos"
Quote from: "ryanvc76"

I like that.  I might just incorporate it into the new site design (which I was meaning to get around to over this break...but that's not going to happen since I still need to get my portfolio together for job searching).

Portfolio? For what type of job? Anything we here can do to help you out?
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Quote from: "McQ"Portfolio? For what type of job? Anything we here can do to help you out?

It's for applying for an architectural internship...I graduate in May so it's time to step into the work force.  I've decided to look in the Dallas area for a firm but haven't narrowed down my options yet...so, if you happen to have heard anything especially great (or bad) about firms in that area it would help.

MommaSquid

I've been to Texas...yuck!   :doubt:  

Have you considered Arizona?  It's really beautiful here and the state is growing like gang-busters (whatever that means).

AIA Arizona Jobs

AIA Arizona
30 N. 3rd Ave., Ste. 200
Phoenix, AZ  85003
(602) 252-4200
(800) 367-2781

AIA-Arizona

Wherever you decide to go, I wish you luck!

McQ

Quote from: "laetusatheos"
Quote from: "McQ"Portfolio? For what type of job? Anything we here can do to help you out?

It's for applying for an architectural internship...I graduate in May so it's time to step into the work force.  I've decided to look in the Dallas area for a firm but haven't narrowed down my options yet...so, if you happen to have heard anything especially great (or bad) about firms in that area it would help.

I could help you out with Pennsylvania (eastern/central PA) and maybe Florida to some extent. I got nothin' in Dallas!   :(
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Arizona is actually one of areas I'd like to end up in for the long run.  I'm going with Texas because I can start taking the exams needed to become an architect after 6 months of internship rather than having to wait 3 years...either way I won't be certified till after 3 years; but I'm not good at tests so I'd like to start trying to pass them sooner.

McQ

laetusatheos, I wish I had known you a few years earlier. Had some great tips...Drexel University, in Philadelphia, is one of the top schools for engineering and architecture, and they have an optional 2+4 program, where you come out with a Master's in Architecture, and have already done internships for several years. My son Kevin is looking at that school for the 2008 year when he graduates from high school.

He even has internships lined up with one of the top architecture firms in central Pennsylvania.

I really do wish I could help. Sorry!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

I was in Philadelphia in October with my class and visited Drexel....it does seem like a great architecture program.  My college (OSU)  is working on switching over to a program like you described where you graduate with a masters...i think they are going with a 5.5 year program with optional extra semester that fulfills requirements for a masters.  I wish they had decided to do that while I'd still be able to take advantage of that option.

I stayed in state for college since OSU is one of the top non-ivy league schools for architecture and paying for out of state tuition wasn't much of an option.  Though, it would have been nice to be in a larger town so that interning while in school would have been easier...driving an hour to and from work or relocating during the summer just wasn't practical for me.  I could have gone to OU and been able to intern while in school...but their program is really just lucky be be accredited...i've seen the work they produce and their 5th year stuff looks like what we did in 3rd year.

I'm not all that worried about finding a intership, so far everyone in my class who got some stuff sent out has already been given job offers and if I get mine sent out by this next week that will be about the right timing for when most firms start looking for people to hire.

Faylen

Drexel's program is really good.  My sister was in that program many years ago - I don't remember if she stuck with it, but she learned a lot while she was there.  The campus is nice, too.  Kind of removed from Philadelphia proper, but close enough to hop on the train and get to the fun stuff.

ImpaledSkier

Hey Ryan, nice tats. I was thinking about getting the IPU one somewhere but I'm having trouble deciding where. The wrist would be cool, but since I'm gonna be trying to enter med-school in the not too distance future something like the wrist would definitely work to my disadvantage. If you have any recommendations for either pain or noticeability let me know. thanks.
"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive. So live for the moment." -The Spill Canvas