News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Freedom From Stupidity

Started by donkeyhoty, November 28, 2006, 02:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkeyhoty

Here's an interesting article about some dude that got kicked out of an "art" school for being an atheist, amongst other things.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland ... gory=22101

Reading the article, you may get the impression that this kid is an asshole, but nothing he did warranted expulsion.  Seriously, Leprechauns, the girl believed in Leprechauns.  If you can't say something about that, we should all just lobotomize ourselves.
You can also see the ignorance of some of the faculty and administration.  If only this was back in the day, when we could've burned this kid at the stake.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

Big Mac

I don't get that vibe. I'd sound pretty pissy if I got expelled because I was rationally pointing out how stupid the Leprechaun thing was. And that bitch was trying to get him expelled. YOu don't complain about something unless you want it removed. I think he was doing a service to humanity by pointing out how idiotic the idea sounded. However he said he merely wanted to show that she couldn't really claim it to be scientific. I'm going to write an angry letter to the Editor and to the Institute itself and I suggest everyone who wants to protect our fellow rational thinkers to do the same.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Tom62

I don't like it if people complain behind someone's back and in such a sneaky way. The stupid woman should have been kicked-out for this anti-social behaviour. I also don't get the impression that the guy is an asshole.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

donkeyhoty

I meant asshole sarcastically, as in a general malcontent, or the term that all the dipshits he called out for being stupid would call him.  Like the Leprechaun girl, she most likely called him an asshole to her vapid, pyramid hat wearing friends.  Also in the sense that being an "asshole"(that's it I should have put quotes around it) shouldn't get you kicked out of school.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson