News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Pain in Hell.

Started by toink33, October 28, 2006, 07:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toink33

Can you feel pain in hell without your physical body?

Big Mac

Got me, then again can you feel pain in your dreams? Of course. You are not physically being assaulted, your mind is making it happen. If we were to (hypothetically) go to hell and it be our mind, I'm sure we would feel pain via our minds association with it.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

McQ

Quote from: "Big Mac"Got me, then again can you feel pain in your dreams? Of course. You are not physically being assaulted, your mind is making it happen. If we were to (hypothetically) go to hell and it be our mind, I'm sure we would feel pain via our minds association with it.

Good answer, BigMac. Adding to it is the emotional pain all atheists will experience if we're wrong. It'll be something like, "You gotta be fucking kidding me?!!! Those assholes were right?"

Then we spend an eternity trying to blow our brains out, but Satan keeps giving us an empty revolver.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Quote from: "McQ"Adding to it is the emotional pain all atheists will experience if we're wrong.

From my understanding, that's how Jews view hell...it's a psychological pain rather than a physical pain where one dwells on all the bad decisions they made during their lifetime.

toink33

Since it will be an eternity in hell, will there be chance for evolution to take place and allow those in hell to adopt to the hellish environment?