News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Icarus, you should enjoy this one as well. It's Gustavo Dudamel conducting the Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela in Danzon Number 2 by Marquez.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Thank you Hermes.  Yes I did like that. I liked because it is a near certainty that the young musicians were able to express themselves so beautifully. Who knew that a nation as poor and unfortunate as Venezuela could spawn such marvelous talent.  That is a testament to the resilience of the human spirit. A nation that is currently in need of such basics as toilet paper, still has the capacity for high achievement. Dudamel is a prime mover and a passionate conductor.

I am a flash mob junkie because I see so many talented people do their thing in a public forum that invariably brings pleasure and even emotion to the witnesses at the scene.  The scenes are  spread over much of the earth in places like Taiwan, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, Hungary, Israel, Italy, North and South  America, Spain, Korea, Russia, and everywhere else except for the Islamic nations. I have never found a flash mob vid of people in an Islamic country.

Music can soothe the savage beast. What a shame that it is not popular in those nations that forbid it. Helmut Lotti has even taken his music to the darkest regions of Africa where it was well received by most, but not by the Islamic breeds. I weep for the ones who can not be permitted to experience the magnificence of harmonious, melodic, and human passion of music.

Never mind, I am on  one of my philosophic kicks.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Almost 2 billion views on Youtube!  :shocked:

Ecurb Noselrub

Davin

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 17, 2018, 07:23:05 PM
San Antonio band - for your enjoyment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO8vBVUaKvk&index=6&list=RDMW6E_TNgCsY

I also like this one:

And then I felt like listening to this one for some reason:

And I still really like this one:
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on March 22, 2018, 04:07:12 AM
Radiohead.

Radiohead :love:

My favourites are Karma Police, Fake Plastic Trees and Street Spirit.

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 22, 2018, 12:24:47 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on March 22, 2018, 04:07:12 AM
Radiohead.

Radiohead :love:

My favourites are Karma Police, Fake Plastic Trees and Street Spirit.

Listening to their music makes me want to learn the piano.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dragonia

Quote from: Davin on March 19, 2018, 02:24:26 PM
And I still really like this one:

I have no idea what I just watched, but I think I need to go meditate in my garden after the sensory overload!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

hermes2015

After the recent superheated exchanges at HAF I think we all need to chill with Debussy's Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Dragonia's contribution  is way out there on the edge.  Makes me think of trippin' on LSD or an extreme over abundance of  high octane saki.

Hermes vid is more than music.  Observe the facial expressions of the lady flutist. ( sp...flautist?) The lady oboeist  is paying close attention to the conductor.  The entire orchestras appears to be transported to some special place. Their facial expression suggests that. Passionate, or maybe that is what the Danes do or feel.

I can imagine the Debussey prelude overlaid onto the strange Asian vid from Dragonia.