News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

New poll

Started by fundie, August 26, 2006, 08:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fundie

Hey, I don't care if I'm posting this in the wrong forum or thread.  I'm not computer savvy enough to know the difference, OK?

But the question I want to ask is:  How do I start a new poll, like Joeactor did?  I wan't to start a new onlyme popularity poll, ok?  You will all have the chance to vote, so come on and tell me how it's done, ok?

Big Mac

How about.....NOOO! Figure out yourself. Do you have to be spoon fed everything?
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

fundie

Quote from: "Big Mac"How about.....NOOO! Figure out yourself. Do you have to be spoon fed everything?

No, Bigmac (you of the McDonalds variety of ready meals) I don't have to be spoon fed anything.

But, nevertheless, I would like to start a new poll on the subject of the popularity of 'onlyme'

A bit of fun, if you like. After all, you said in an earlier post that it it was fun to take the **** out of onlyme. Well, I'm game.  Are you?  If so, enter your vote in the post.  At least be consistent, Bigmac.

Big Mac

You even censor yourself like only-fucking-me, give it up, no one is buying this charade and I'll tell you when someone says they liked onlyme.......in this thread.

fundie

Ok, then what you are saying, Bigmac, is that we all should rely on you, the fount of all knowledge, No?

Big Mac

I'm your god....I guess. Fetch me a baby, for I am hungry!

Whitney

Okay, here's the deal, no active members, or any members I know of, (expect for maybe Joe and yourself) want you to be here.  You knew that was the situation before you created a new account (Don't claim you didn't know because people not wanting you here is why you left the first time).

If you actually care anything about sticking around (If you don't I suggest just leaving now before you make yourself look worse) then there are some things you need to do:

1) Answer McQ's questions.  The following is one of them, there may be more; I don't know since the questions weren't directed at me:
Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "onlyme"just thought i'd see why people join a website like this, i mean, are you proud of being an atheist?

i am a Christian myself.  it fills me with horror to think that people can be atheist and proud of it, and not fear God.

Before I post a reply to your post, let me just ask you what it is that makes you a Christian. Is it simply saying the words, "I am a Christian"? Was it something you had to do?  Baptism, Christening? Accept Jesus into your heart, as an adult? What act or action? What is it that defines you personally, as a Christian? Keep it simple.

This is for you, specifically, onlyme. No one else. Then we'll get down to brass tacks.
Quote from: "onlyme"to all of you who expressed an interest in my posts, firstly i am a Christian because i got in trouble when i was 15 and got locked up.  Jesus Himself came into my life, and saved me, and set me free, and even spoke to me.  I know for a fact He's real, from personal experience.  also, how can anything else in life really matter if God is not behind it?  for example, how can you look at your kids and not be thankful for them?  or believe they came from monkeys, or are just the result of a meaningless cosmic accident.  that isnt valuing them, i dont think.  Besides, God represents and teaches whats best for us, its just people who dont live up to His ideal, so He gets the blame.

also, as regards this forum, i was wondering why you lot get together to discuss something that you don't believe in.  if people share a belief in something, they can get together and discuss it, but how or why do you share a discussion about what you DONT believe in?

Well, we're not going to get very far if you can't answer the simple question I posed to you. I'll wait for your answer to what specific act or action you did to become a Christian. Just saying that Jesus "came into" your life and saved you and that you spoke to him doesn't tell me anything. What did YOU do? I'm asking you this because as a person raised Roman Catholic I know that there are multiple arguments as to how one can be called "Christian". I left that church and became a "Born Again" Christian in college. I had to make a deliberate action in order to do that. So I'm asking you what route you took. Take the time to try and answer it properly so we have a starting point. Otherwise you are wasting my time and yours, because we won't even be able to come to an agreement as to what a "Christian" is. Or even how to become one. Let's try and get that done first. Then we can talk.

Additionally, don't assume that the people here haven't been where you are right now. That would be arrogant and wrong. I taught Sunday School in a Southern Baptist Church to adults and high school students. I have been through two year-long intensive Bible studies.

I am very pleased, thankful and thrilled every time I look at my kids or even think about them, for that matter. I don't need any god to help me with that.

I no longer consider myself a Christian, because I no longer believe there is a God, god, or gods of any kind. No horrible experience led me to this conclusion, just common sense, rational thinking and studying the Bible. I highly recommend intensive Bible study to assist anyone who wants to see how bogus the Bible is, by the way.

Now, don't forget to answer the initial question I posed. Ignore answering these other paragraphs. They were to give you some idea of who you were talking to. We'll get to them in time.

2)State, coherently, why you decided to return by creating a new account and didn't directly state you are the same person as onlyme (the correct answer is not along the lines that we need you here, because we don't)  Opening a new account on a forum is like getting plastic surgery then presenting yourself as someone different to people you already know...so, an sincere apology would also be in order.

3) Stop derailing threads and bringing up topics which have already been discussed.
 All random questions should go in the random question thread.  If you wish to comment on a post, use the quote feature (properly  http://www.happyatheistforum.com/ftopic203.html) and include enough content that we don't have to guess about what you are saying.

These are the things you must do if you want to stick around past your next login. (If for some reason you don't have time to do all of the above within your next login, acknowledge this post and your intent on if you will comply or not...do not post anywhere else until you have done so).  If you choose to answer these question I will then add a poll to this thread and let the members decide if you can stay or not.  Basically, if you want to stay you are going to have to put forth some effort for a second chance.

Court

I'd like to say that Laetus is being very generous and patient with you onlyme.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Court"I'd like to say that Laetus is being very generous and patient with you onlyme.

Very.  She's a better woman than I.  :hail:

fundie

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Okay, here's the deal, no active members, or any members I know of, (expect for maybe Joe and yourself) want you to be here.  You knew that was the situation before you created a new account (Don't claim you didn't know because people not wanting you here is why you left the first time).

If you actually care anything about sticking around (If you don't I suggest just leaving now before you make yourself look worse) then there are some things you need to do:

1) Answer McQ's questions.  The following is one of them, there may be more; I don't know since the questions weren't directed at me:
Quote from: "onlyme"just thought i'd see why people join a website like this, i mean, are you proud of being an atheist?

i am a Christian myself.  it fills me with horror to think that people can be atheist and proud of it, and not fear God.

Before I post a reply to your post, let me just ask you what it is that makes you a Christian. Is it simply saying the words, "I am a Christian"? Was it something you had to do?  Baptism, Christening? Accept Jesus into your heart, as an adult? What act or action? What is it that defines you personally, as a Christian? Keep it simple.

This is for you, specifically, onlyme. No one else. Then we'll get down to brass tacks.
Quote from: "onlyme"to all of you who expressed an interest in my posts, firstly i am a Christian because i got in trouble when i was 15 and got locked up.  Jesus Himself came into my life, and saved me, and set me free, and even spoke to me.  I know for a fact He's real, from personal experience.  also, how can anything else in life really matter if God is not behind it?  for example, how can you look at your kids and not be thankful for them?  or believe they came from monkeys, or are just the result of a meaningless cosmic accident.  that isnt valuing them, i dont think.  Besides, God represents and teaches whats best for us, its just people who dont live up to His ideal, so He gets the blame.

also, as regards this forum, i was wondering why you lot get together to discuss something that you don't believe in.  if people share a belief in something, they can get together and discuss it, but how or why do you share a discussion about what you DONT believe in?

Well, we're not going to get very far if you can't answer the simple question I posed to you. I'll wait for your answer to what specific act or action you did to become a Christian. Just saying that Jesus "came into" your life and saved you and that you spoke to him doesn't tell me anything. What did YOU do? I'm asking you this because as a person raised Roman Catholic I know that there are multiple arguments as to how one can be called "Christian". I left that church and became a "Born Again" Christian in college. I had to make a deliberate action in order to do that. So I'm asking you what route you took. Take the time to try and answer it properly so we have a starting point. Otherwise you are wasting my time and yours, because we won't even be able to come to an agreement as to what a "Christian" is. Or even how to become one. Let's try and get that done first. Then we can talk.

Additionally, don't assume that the people here haven't been where you are right now. That would be arrogant and wrong. I taught Sunday School in a Southern Baptist Church to adults and high school students. I have been through two year-long intensive Bible studies.

I am very pleased, thankful and thrilled every time I look at my kids or even think about them, for that matter. I don't need any god to help me with that.

I no longer consider myself a Christian, because I no longer believe there is a God, god, or gods of any kind. No horrible experience led me to this conclusion, just common sense, rational thinking and studying the Bible. I highly recommend intensive Bible study to assist anyone who wants to see how bogus the Bible is, by the way.

Now, don't forget to answer the initial question I posed. Ignore answering these other paragraphs. They were to give you some idea of who you were talking to. We'll get to them in time.

2)State, coherently, why you decided to return by creating a new account and didn't directly state you are the same person as onlyme (the correct answer is not along the lines that we need you here, because we don't)  Opening a new account on a forum is like getting plastic surgery then presenting yourself as someone different to people you already know...so, an sincere apology would also be in order.

3) Stop derailing threads and bringing up topics which have already been discussed.
 All random questions should go in the random question thread.  If you wish to comment on a post, use the quote feature (properly  http://www.happyatheistforum.com/ftopic203.html) and include enough content that we don't have to guess about what you are saying.

These are the things you must do if you want to stick around past your next login. (If for some reason you don't have time to do all of the above within your next login, acknowledge this post and your intent on if you will comply or not...do not post anywhere else until you have done so).  If you choose to answer these question I will then add a poll to this thread and let the members decide if you can stay or not.  Basically, if you want to stay you are going to have to put forth some effort for a second chance.

Laetus, I already answered those two questions by McQ, and I already answered why I started with a new username - because I thought the system wouldn't allow an account to be started with a name that had already been deleted once.

BTW, the reason I left the first time is not the reason that you stated above - because people didn't want me here.   I suppose people didn't want me here, I was aware of that, but that was not the reason I left at the time.  What give you that impression?

Big Mac

It was nice knowing you onlyme. I'm sorry, I was leading you on. It wasn't nice knowing you and I hope you get hit by one of those crumpet carrying, double-decker buses. Fuck off, eat shit, and die a gruesome death you prick sucking cockmaster shitface. Man it feels good to use vulgar language on such a vulgar person.

McQ

Quote from: "fundie"
Quote from: "laetusatheos"Okay, here's the deal, no active members, or any members I know of, (expect for maybe Joe and yourself) want you to be here.  You knew that was the situation before you created a new account (Don't claim you didn't know because people not wanting you here is why you left the first time).

Laetus, I already answered those two questions by McQ, and I already answered why I started with a new username - because I thought the system wouldn't allow an account to be started with a name that had already been deleted once.

BTW, the reason I left the first time is not the reason that you stated above - because people didn't want me here.   I suppose people didn't want me here, I was aware of that, but that was not the reason I left at the time.  What give you that impression?

Wrong. You haven't answered anything yet. You haven't even gone back and re-read the posts. I put a link to them in the new thread you started and you still couldn't find it. Tell me. Is stupidity painful?
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

Apparently not because he keeps on having incredible spouts of it.

McQ

Quote from: "Big Mac"Apparently not because he keeps on having incredible spouts of it.

I guess just as long as it's not contagious, we're ok.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Court

If it was, we'd all be chasing butterflies at the moment, so I think we're safe.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]