News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Parker Solar Probe

Started by Tank, January 30, 2018, 06:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Parker Solar Probe

QuoteNASA's Parker Solar Probe will be the first-ever mission to "touch" the sun. The spacecraft, about the size of a small car, will travel directly into the sun's atmosphere about 4 million miles from our star's surface. Launch is slated for summer 2018.

Hot stuff!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

^^^
Yes!
...Or cool stuff!
Depending on how you wanna look at it.  :smokin cool:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Going to be very, very hot stuff onr day!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Dave on January 30, 2018, 08:09:57 AM
1,300+C!
21c behind the heat shield. None of the instruments look at the Sun. They all look out the side or back at the atmosphere.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2018, 12:58:26 PM
1,300+C!
21c behind the heat shield. None of the instruments look at the Sun. They all look out the side or back at the atmosphere.

"You can't go to the sun! It's too hot!"
"Pffft! We got that figured out... we're going at night!"

Magdalena

Quote from: joeactor on January 30, 2018, 08:47:29 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2018, 12:58:26 PM
1,300+C!

"You can't go to the sun! It's too hot!"
"Pffft! We got that figured out... we're going at night!"
^^^ :lol:
Brilliant!
   ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Hey, guys, I just had another of those brilliant ideas. I had to post this before this thing takes off and goes to the sun.

Could we, like, ask Trump if he would like to be the pilot?

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on February 01, 2018, 12:02:44 AM
Hey, guys, I just had another of those brilliant ideas. I had to post this before this thing takes off and goes to the sun.

YES! How can he resist being the first man on the sun!?!?!

Magdalena

Quote from: joeactor on February 01, 2018, 01:41:30 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 01, 2018, 12:02:44 AM

YES! How can he resist being the first man on the sun!?!?!

He would not be able to resist it, but...What if he actually went and came back!? --Oranger...and can you imagine the size of his ego!?  :worried:

Magdalena

I've been thinking...I don't think this is a good idea anymore. If he came back, can you guys imagine his scientific report?...With that voice...

"The sun is a shithole. It is very, very, very hot. Believe me. You don't want to go there. Ever. I'm, like, really really smart, but going there I think would qualify as not smart. I now believe global warming is real because the sun is hot, you have no idea, I do, and you don't. Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist  and engineer. —You know, if you...if, like, OK, if I—it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as  Persians are great negotiators, my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago. The sun is hot, like some women."

:picard facepalm:

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on February 02, 2018, 04:24:35 PM
I've been thinking...I don't think this is a good idea anymore. If he came back, can you guys imagine his scientific report?...With that voice...

"The sun is a shithole. It is very, very, very hot. Believe me. You don't want to go there. Ever. I'm, like, really really smart, but going there I think would qualify as not smart. I now believe global warming is real because the sun is hot, you have no idea, I do, and you don't. Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist  and engineer. —You know, if you...if, like, OK, if I—it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as  Persians are great negotiators, my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago. The sun is hot, like some women."

Damn, Mags, you'd think he was there in person! Brilliant!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on February 02, 2018, 04:55:58 PM
Damn, Mags, you'd think he was there in person! Brilliant!
:reading:
Thanks, Dave.

It's not difficult to imitate him, just pretend you're an arrogant and ignorant 12 year old boy with a very limited vocabulary.  :grin:

Well...this has been cathartic.

But let's get back to the main topic...The majestic sun and the Parker Solar Probe.  :tellmemore:

Icarus

^^^ Mags is creative and clever, as always.    :thumbsup:

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on February 02, 2018, 04:24:35 PM

If I did a Trump impression, you would be the first person I'd go to for my script writer ;-)

Magdalena

Guys...!

I just enjoy entertaining "you people."  :grin: