News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Real face of America and Israel

Started by sweetto, December 10, 2017, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

People are stupid! Fighting over a patch of dirt that existed long before humanity did, and will most likely be here long after they're gone, is not only an exercise in futility, but is also a revolting display of unyielding ignorance.

Magdalena

I, really, don't, know, what, to, say, here.  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on December 22, 2017, 07:07:15 AM
I, really, don't, know, what, to, say, here.  :shifty:

I suspect that, like Sister Agatha, sweetto doesn't require a reply.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

And how many Jewish children have died from indescriminate attacks with rockets?

That's right. Keeps on killing each other you stupid fucks.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on December 22, 2017, 06:47:00 AM
People are stupid! Fighting over a patch of dirt that existed long before humanity did, and will most likely be here long after they're gone, is not only an exercise in futility, but is also a revolting display of unyielding ignorance.

It's not just any patch of dirt, it's a holy patch of dirt. :shifty:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on December 22, 2017, 12:37:54 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2017, 12:11:32 PM
And it is true that you need to study an enemy deeply, respect him and learn to think like him before you can defeat him.
Sun Tzu

Were the ancients more wise than we?   I think that there is that possibility.

I don't think so, as a whole. If we can learn through the experience of others, and history is made of experiences, then we have a lot more material with which to learn. We have more giants whose shoulders we can stand on.  ;D

Davin

Whatever the state of my heart, I cannot be moved to action via irrationality.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Icarus

I agree entirely xSP.  We do have many giants whose wisdom or brilliance we can admire and use to our advantage.  It must be said that wisdom and brilliance are not at all the same attribute. Brilliance is like that of Richard Feynman or Albert Einstein, Salk, Curie and the rest.   Wisdom is a  whole other ball game.  Refer to Plato's Allegory of the Cave for example. That old dude was a real thinker. Some of his Greek buddies were also paying attention.

I do not believe that the ancients were smarter than we are but they did come up with some philosophic concepts that continue to be as valid and useful as anything that we moderns have contrived. 

xSilverPhinx

Plato's Allegory of the Cave was one of the reasons I liked the (first) Matrix movie so much.  8)

The Greeks thought of everything. Even that animals evolve...well before Darwin or Lamarck did. Very impressive, but those philosophers probably had way too much time on their hands to think, think and think some more. 

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 22, 2017, 12:07:35 PM
Quote from: Icarus on December 22, 2017, 12:37:54 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2017, 12:11:32 PM
And it is true that you need to study an enemy deeply, respect him and learn to think like him before you can defeat him.
Sun Tzu

Were the ancients more wise than we?   I think that there is that possibility.

I don't think so, as a whole. If we can learn through the experience of others, and history is made of experiences, then we have a lot more material with which to learn. We have more giants whose shoulders we can stand on.  ;D
But there sre those, inflated with their own self-importance, who kick those same giants in the head whilst up there. History does repeat itself, unfortunately.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 23, 2017, 01:01:37 AM
Plato's Allegory of the Cave was one of the reasons I liked the (first) Matrix movie so much.  8)

The Greeks thought of everything. Even that animals evolve...well before Darwin or Lamarck did. Very impressive, but those philosophers probably had way too much time on their hands to think, think and think some more.

(Note to self: check up on "Allegory of the cave"...)

Unfortunately those true thinkers are mostly not suitable, being too abstract, to be in charge of human affairs. Einstein, rightfully, turned fown the offer of bring appointed president of Israel. He would have been a very unhappy politician and thus a poor leader.

Politics, being the very antithesis of common sense and pragmatism IMHO, tends to attract the more aggressive and self-opinionated type.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

sweetto

American trump clearly suppprting Israeli terrorists who are killing the innocnet muslims of Palestine

He made Jerusalem as the capital of Israel even last day united nation rejected the trump act
Why people have double standard they dislike other terrorists but on other side they helped own(Israeli) terrorists to kill the innocent muslims

Sent from my CRO-L22 using Tapatalk

xSilverPhinx

Well you're a little like a broken record, aren't you?

Tank

Sweetto

Please stop reposting effectivly the same subject in different places across the forum.  I have mearged your posts on Israel/Palastine into one thread. Please feel free to add to this thread. If I have to keep merging stuff you'll piss me off. Also this is a discussion forum, not a political agenda forum. If you post then you respond to points raised or I will consider your actions as spamming. If you do enough of that you'll be suspended and potentially banned. I hope I have explained the position effectivly.

Regards
Tank
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 23, 2017, 08:05:19 AM
Well you're a little like a broken record, aren't you?
He is. If you see posts on this subject from him not attached to this thread please merge them and make a note of the action.