News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

things that make you go "wtf"

Started by AngelOfDeath, November 29, 2017, 07:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelOfDeath

No, I'm not that sly as to pull something like that. 

Magdalena

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 02, 2017, 05:48:28 AM
...Plus, Cats&books actually warned me it's against the rules to summon demons on other members...
:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on December 02, 2017, 06:16:05 AM
...Plus, Cats&books actually warned me it's against the rules to summon demons on other members...

WTF?!

Since when?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

Quote from: Father Bruno on December 02, 2017, 02:31:17 PM

WTF?!

Since when?

The reasoning is that it would not be OK for a theist here to threaten a particular atheist member with hell (generic 'atheists are hellbound' comments are borderline and do count as part of a cumulative diagnosis of preaching), therefore threatening a particular theist with demons isn't cool either.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Recusant on December 02, 2017, 03:54:30 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on December 02, 2017, 02:31:17 PM

WTF?!

Since when?

The reasoning is that it would not be OK for a theist here to threaten a particular atheist member with hell (generic 'atheists are hellbound' comments are borderline and do count as part of a cumulative diagnosis of preaching), therefore threatening a particular theist with demons isn't cool either.

Thanks Recusant,  I was only being a bit facetious...wasn't really questioning the rule, and I do agree with it and even understand the reason behind it.

I do find it kind of funny. The fact that someone can't threaten a member here with eternal torture and damnation to an imaginary place, and we can't in turn threaten them with being bothered by an imaginary super-being

8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."