News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

I Confess!

Started by SisterAgatha, November 07, 2017, 03:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

OK. I give up. Its time I give you a little confession!

This may come as a shock to you all but I am not who you think I am. I am not in fact a nun who teaches at a little happy Catholic school.

I am in fact just a regular everyday sort of Catholic.

I was an athesit/irreligious for the longest time but lately I embraced the Catholic faith. I am surprised at how much sense it all makes, and never would have thought it would all those years ago!

Anyway.. I am sorry for the deception, I thought it was just a funny joke and more of a "little white lie" than anything else.

So...apologies...and hopefuly I cleared up any misunderstanding!

Dave

Well, Aggie, we all make mistakes.

Makes sense, eh? That makes no sense, it's all nonsense

After thought: if that's what joining a religion provokes one to do I think I'll stay an honest atheist!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 07, 2017, 03:59:08 PM

This may come as a shock to you all but I am not who you think I am. I am not in fact a nun who teaches at a little happy Catholic school.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

Pasta Chick

Can we get a show of hands on who is shocked by this trolling deception?

Dave

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 07, 2017, 05:17:18 PM
Can we get a show of hands on who is shocked by this trolling deception?

My hands remain firmly in my lap.

Well, when not typing this of course! Wouldn't want to be thought a lying religionista.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Well, this is a surprise...well no, not really.  :fingertap:

Ah, the "I was an atheist but then I saw the light..." talk.  :blahblah: Hopefully not a tactic to convert 'lost souls'.

But I can't help but wonder what motivated this deceptive behaviour? Did you think it would give you a little more authority while trying to convert us? Why didn't you go deep while you were at it and say you were the Pope for FSM's sake?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

#9. You shall not lie. :dominidomini:
SisterAgatha, does this mean that you're going to hell?
Could you please remind us of all the things you've said about people going to hell?  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Just say 23 Hail Marys, 35 Our Fathers, and leave $150,000 in the donation box.*

* I can set you free from the eternal fire and brimstone, but absolution costs a very pretty penny.

Tank

I was an athesit/irreligious for the longest time but lately I embraced the Catholic faith. I am surprised at how much sense it all makes, and never would have thought it would all those years ago!

Anyway.. I am sorry for the deception, I thought it was just a funny joke and more of a "little white lie" than anything else.

Well I'm glad you fessed up what I spotted on the first post. I didn't believe you then and I don't believe you now. "I was an athesit/irreligious for the longest time" bullshit. Now we're getting the sympathy troll. I really don't know what motivates people to do what you do. smh
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ecurb Noselrub

I knew she wasn't a nun on the first post.  But why should we believe anything she says?

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

SisterAgatha

Quote from: Tank on November 07, 2017, 07:04:19 PM

Well I'm glad you fessed up what I spotted on the first post. I didn't believe you then and I don't believe you now. "I was an athesit/irreligious for the longest time" bullshit. Now we're getting the sympathy troll. I really don't know what motivates people to do what you do. smh

It is true. I can tell teh long story of my reversion to Catholocism, but I just enjoyed the hole it filled in my life. People come and go, fail and succeed but no matter what, God,Jesus, the Virgin Mary, Angels and Saints are there to stay and are always on your side.

I enjoyed going back to confession and really letting some misdeeds and wrongs off my chest.

I enjoy the statuary and sense of community the Church provides. One disadvantage to being an agnostic/non believer is that I felt adrift in a large and bustling sea.

A sense of community and identity I found to be much more difficult to come by living without God so to speak.

The philosophy behind the bible and the writings of the saints/philosophers was really something to chew on as well!

Magdalena