News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Amsterdam Mission trip!

Started by Biggus Dickus, October 16, 2017, 01:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 16, 2017, 05:26:12 PM
OK wise guy! I know your not a priest ...
Sister... :smileshake:
Only you can pretend to be something your not?

:secrets1: I wrote "your" so that you can understand "you're" type of English.  :thumbsup2:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 16, 2017, 05:53:36 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 16, 2017, 05:51:02 PM
I have been to Amsterdam twice, so that makes me an expert.  The cheese and stroopwaffles are great, but they have led the people into sin and degradation.  There is muchwork to be done.  I recommend that you send these wicked products to me for safekeeping.

Hey Bruce, maybe you would like to join me, Flannigan, O'Connor, and Boyd on our little mission trip...god knows we'll probably end up needing a lawyer while we're there. :eyebrow:

I was down in Amsterdam
Smoking on the Dam
Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan.

Went to the Red Light District
With all the other priests
Send lawyers, guns & money
I picked up a bad yeast

I wound up in a gay bar
With Father Flannigan
They're hitting on me again.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 16, 2017, 04:10:20 PM
I think you should start in De Walletjes. There are many lost souls waiting to hear the good news.

This place, right?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 17, 2017, 03:40:53 AM
I think you should start in De Walletjes. There are many lost souls waiting to hear the good news.

This place, right?

Yes.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

This place, right?

Correct.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

QuoteThose who don't know, teach.

Silver, the expression that teachers so detest, and rightfully so, goes as follows......

Those who can, do
those who can't, teach

Fixed quotes - xSP

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 17, 2017, 07:00:03 AM

This place, right?

Correct.

Wow, those mannequins are so life-like! Amazing.

Anyway my mission trip now has more views and replies that Seester Agotha's mission trip to Iraq...god bless you atheists! :'(
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

I'd like to go with you on your holy mission to Amsterdam.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Guardian85

Been to Amsterdam several times. It is a lovely town, even without the hookers and drugs.  :devil2:
Beutiful cityscape, great culture, and great beer! Can I come, too? I am an ordained minister, after all.

Also, competent pick-pockets.  >:(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 16, 2017, 07:12:00 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on October 16, 2017, 05:53:36 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 16, 2017, 05:51:02 PM
I have been to Amsterdam twice, so that makes me an expert.  The cheese and stroopwaffles are great, but they have led the people into sin and degradation.  There is muchwork to be done.  I recommend that you send these wicked products to me for safekeeping.

Hey Bruce, maybe you would like to join me, Flannigan, O'Connor, and Boyd on our little mission trip...god knows we'll probably end up needing a lawyer while we're there. :eyebrow:

I was down in Amsterdam
Smoking on the Dam
Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan.

Went to the Red Light District
With all the other priests
I picked up a bad yeast

I wound up in a gay bar
With Father Flannigan
They're hitting on me again.

Nice Poem Bruce, and I'll take that as confirmation that you'll be coming with us (Strictly as Legal Representation of Course). 8)

Quote from: Davin on October 17, 2017, 04:06:24 PM

Absolutely, would love to have you Davin...in fact you could be the groups IT guy if you don't mind?

Quote from: Guardian85 on October 17, 2017, 05:27:56 PM
Been to Amsterdam several times. It is a lovely town, even without the hookers and drugs.  :devil2:
Beutiful cityscape, great culture, and great beer! Can I come, too? I am an ordained minister, after all.

Also, competent pick-pockets.  >:(

But of course Guardian, would love to have you join us, in fact the more volunteers the better!

So let's see besides myself and the other priests (Flannigan, O'Connor, and Boyd) who are some great monkeys by the way, we've got the following lined up:

Bruce: Legal Rep.,guide and mission advisor.
Davin: IT Guy and mission Rep.
Guardian: Fellow Minister, guide and possibly provide some security if needed.
Hermes: If he's willing to come along, I think he would make an excellent guide and possibly help set up some of the mission trips?
Tank: If he's willing to come along I'm thinking he could help arrange transportation for our missions, as well as document our trip?

So far not so bad I think...probably need some of the women from the forum to come along, any volunteers?  8)

P.S. If volunteering please possibly include ways you could assist the mission trip, whether it be logistical, advisory, etc...
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 17, 2017, 05:47:34 PM
Hermes: If he's willing to come along, I think he would make an excellent guide and possibly help set up some of the mission trips?

Thanks for the invitation, but I don't think you will get much sense out of me. Shortly after arrival I will probably head off to the Thermos Sauna, where I don't think you BMs would like to venture to try and find me.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Davin

Absolutely, would love to have you Davin...in fact you could be the groups IT guy if you don't mind?
Sure, but can I get a cooler religious sounding title... like Deacon of Technology or Techno Bishop?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on October 17, 2017, 07:50:07 PM

Sure, but can I get a cooler religious sounding title... like Deacon of Technology or Techno Bishop?

Hey, how's about TechBish? Or Digital Bishop?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

Deacon of Technology, Techno Bishop, TechBish, Digital Bishop

Those are good too.

Or maybe Father of IS or Technology Spiritualist.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on October 17, 2017, 08:18:03 PM
Deacon of Technology, Techno Bishop, TechBish, Digital Bishop

Those are good too.

Or maybe Father of IS or Technology Spiritualist.

A Technology Spiritualist's CV could have something like:

Fluent in the divine language of He Who Resides In :airquotes: The Cloud.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey