News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Pedophilia ecclesiastica

Started by Dave, October 11, 2017, 07:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

One for "Sister Agatha" to contemplate if she is real. You may need Google to translate it.

Not up to date and these were only the cases that actually came to notice, excluding those that officials, fear or "tradition" kept hidden.

https://www.uaar.it/ateismo/controinformazione/pedofilia-ecclesiastica/

Hypocrisy piled upon hypocrisy.

Any comments, "sister"?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

Damning, and the list only includes reports from 2012 onward.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dragonia

I can't read it, but I can count. Absolutely heartbreaking, as each one of those dates represents a life and a family and a future. All twisted up and skewed. I fucking hate predators.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

OldGit

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on October 11, 2017, 07:06:24 AM
Any comments, "sister"?
Does anyone here really give a fuck what she/he has to say about this?
...Anyone? ...Anyone?

Quote10/06/2014 . St. Louis archbishop claims he was not sure it was illegal for priests to have sex with kids ( Church and State )
:picard facepalm:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Impressive list. That list applies only to Catholics. 

Sadly under reported are the episodes when youth pastors cannot seem to refrain from seducing 15 year old girls (and sometimes boys). Hello folks, It ain't just the priests who defile our youth. Plenty of Baptists, Pentecostals, and others also stray from the path of righteousness.

Dragonia

^^^True dat, Icarus.

And nope, I don't really give any fucks what Sister Agatha thinks.....about anything.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on October 11, 2017, 08:58:44 PM
Impressive list. That list applies only to Catholics. 

Sadly under reported are the episodes when youth pastors cannot seem to refrain from seducing 15 year old girls (and sometimes boys). Hello folks, It ain't just the priests who defile our youth. Plenty of Baptists, Pentecostals, and others also stray from the path of righteousness.

This is true, maybe it is partly the fact that the Catholic Church has a long history of taking advantage of and abusing its authority in every way. Teachers, scout leaders, youth councellors, entertainers, members of parliament . . . Yes, they have also abused their positions, but I think not to the scale that celebacy in a repressive church causes.

Dave

Quote from: Dragonia on October 11, 2017, 09:47:47 PM
^^^True dat, Icarus.

And nope, I don't really give any fucks what Sister Agatha thinks.....about anything.

Aggie has gone very quiet lately, more because our deciding she is s troll has taken the fun out of it rather than her so-called religious sensibilities being challenged IMO.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

For those who have not seen this movie based on reality, be ready to have your eyes opened to the huge scope of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwdCIpbTN5g

My conclusion and argument point, which many saw as blaming the victims, was that if the victims, instead of taking a pay off to not lay a charge,  --- which allows the pedophile to just go to his next victim, --- was that the first victim should follow the Golden Rule and do unto others as he would have wanted done for him, and bite the bullet and lay the charge.

This would greatly reduce the instances of abuse.

I also resent that judges will allow pay offs.

Yes, it is tough on a child to lay a charge and confront his assailant, but it is the right thing to do.

Their parents also need to recognize that if the pedophile rapes again and they did not support their child and the charge, they are basically causing future abuses fro the perpetrator who is not in jail where he belongs. So is the church.

Regards
DL

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 11, 2017, 08:47:34 PM
Quote from: Dave on October 11, 2017, 07:06:24 AM
Any comments, "sister"?
Does anyone here really give a fuck what she/he has to say about this?
...Anyone? ...Anyone?

Nope.

Quote10/06/2014 . St. Louis archbishop claims he was not sure it was illegal for priests to have sex with kids ( Church and State )
:picard facepalm:

Give me a sec to collect my jaw from the floor...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on October 12, 2017, 12:33:05 AM
[snipped empty blustering]

My conclusion and argument point, which many saw as blaming the victims, was that if the victims, instead of taking a pay off to not lay a charge,  --- which allows the pedophile to just go to his next victim, --- was that the first victim should follow the Golden Rule and do unto others as he would have wanted done for him, and bite the bullet and lay the charge.

Please cite evidence supporting your assertion that victims are "taking a pay off to not lay a charge." For one thing, such a payoff agreement is illegal. Secondly, the decision to pursue a criminal charge is made by the prosecutor, not by the victim. There are legal reasons why criminal charges may not be filed by a prosecutor, including statutes of limitation and different standards of proof in civil vs. criminal law. The normal order of events is that a criminal case is pursued by a prosecutor, then depending on circumstances the victim may pursue a civil case. If there has been no criminal prosecution that doesn't prevent the victim from pursuing a civil case, nor does winning a civil suit prevent the victim from going to the authorities.

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on October 12, 2017, 12:33:05 AMThis would greatly reduce the instances of abuse.

Your premise is flawed; see above.

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on October 12, 2017, 12:33:05 AMI also resent that judges will allow pay offs.

Are you trying to say that you resent the civil courts awarding damages to victims?

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on October 12, 2017, 12:33:05 AMYes, it is tough on a child to lay a charge and confront his assailant, but it is the right thing to do.

All a child can do is tell somebody that they've been molested--it's not up to them to "lay a charge and confront his assailant."

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on October 12, 2017, 12:33:05 AMTheir parents also need to recognize that if the pedophile rapes again and they did not support their child and the charge, they are basically causing future abuses fro the perpetrator who is not in jail where he belongs. So is the church.

Where do you get the idea that there are parents who don't "support their child and the charge"?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on October 12, 2017, 12:33:05 AM
For those who have not seen this movie based on reality, be ready to have your eyes opened to the huge scope of the problem.
Movie? Which movie are you talking about?  :headscratch:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

The Bishop and the Sister have the same writing styles, do they teach people to write that way in Catholic churches or are they the same person?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Recusant

Quote from: Davin on October 12, 2017, 03:08:53 PM
The Bishop and the Sister have the same writing styles, do they teach people to write that way in Catholic churches or are they the same person?

Having encountered the person who's going by "Gnostic Christian Bishop" previously elsewhere, I'm reasonably certain he's not SisterAgatha; data associated with the accounts support this.
— H. L. Mencken