News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

You as terrififed as me of Roy Moore be elected to Alabama Senate?

Started by Curt, October 01, 2017, 12:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curt

You as scared as me of Roy Moore be elected to Alabama Senate?  Mr. hang the 10 commandments everywhere.  Just what we need more right wing Christian nut jobs in the Senate.  I don't ever live in Alabama and I donated $20 bucks to keep this A hole out of office.  I imagine I am expecting to much from the citizens of the great state of Alabama though! lol

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

I believe that there are more than a few of us who are scared Curt.  We have some deep end Jesus freaks occupying high places. Moore is  a shoo in to be elected, We already have Sessions, and Pence who are unabashed theist types. There are platoons of other less prominent religionists in the house and senate.

:Gaah:

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Quote from: Tank on October 01, 2017, 07:10:40 AM
Who?

Sessions is the former Alabama senator who is now the Attorney General of the United (not so united) States. His replacement senator to be is the honorable fucktard Roy Moore....but only if he wins the replacement election in Alabama...which he surely will. Mike Pence is of course our vice president who is a waaaaay far out christian freak.  His part of the Trump campaign was the assurance that he was ; "a Christian, a conservative, and a republican.....in that order".

Harmonie

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 01, 2017, 03:22:20 AM
At this point, I'm just numb.

Same. Our federal government is already so full of terrifying nutjobs.

Regardless, it's really important to keep more nutjobs out of local governments even though it feels like we've already hit rock bottom.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Firebird

He's like a recurring nightmare. He was all over the news years ago with his Ten Commandments bullshit, then refusing to follow the gay marriage ruling, then he got kicked off.
The scary thing is that some political pundits think he's the first in a wave of more hard right challengers to the current Republicans,  because they're still not conservative enough for the "base" and donors. Some people see that as opportunity for Democrats to split their vote and win more seats. Of course they said about Trump, and look where that went.
At this point, I think we're on the way to the country splitting apart, because I'm personally sick of these  religious fucks controlling our government even though they're in the minority.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Dave

You're heading for a theocracy, guys!

Who will be first "Reverend President" I wonder?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

Quote from: Dave on October 02, 2017, 02:38:43 PM

I'd imagine it'll be whoever is on charge of their army should they happen to win the war.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on October 02, 2017, 03:32:51 PM
Quote from: Dave on October 02, 2017, 02:38:43 PM

I'd imagine it'll be whoever is on charge of their army should they happen to win the war.

Hmm, forgot Firedbird's comment about a posdible split . There was talk of "Texit" about a year sgo, but that does not seem to have raied its head lately. They left the union once, wonder if they will be the first to start the rot this time? They are well into Southern Baptist country for a split on religious grounds this time.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

Normally, I don't agree with the "lesser of two evils" voting ideology, but in this case, I think it's true. Both candidates were shitty options. However, Roy Moore was the greater of the poisons.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

SisterAgatha

Im not terrified one bit.

Since when are the ten commandments controversial?

Is stealing,adutlery, coveting neighbors goods suddenly seen as good? Come on people

I am in Minnesota and I can't wait for some big stone tablets to come up near the capital. It would do Moses proud!

Recusant

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 02, 2017, 06:42:33 PM

Is stealing,adutlery, coveting neighbors goods suddenly seen as good? Come on people

I am in Minnesota and I can't wait for some big stone tablets to come up near the capital. It would do Moses proud!

The United States is not a theocracy, despite the best efforts of contemptible zealots like Moore. That you would ally yourself with him doesn't speak well for your understanding of and respect for the ideals of the United States, as embodied in the US Constitution.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Davin

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 02, 2017, 06:42:33 PM

Did you miss the 2nd commandment? Because that shit's hilarious.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.