News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Who is your favorite Saint?

Started by SisterAgatha, September 27, 2017, 04:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Reading, and comprehending, are two entirely different things, raps.

Magdalena

Sistagata:
If you're gonna talk about god, and saints, could you tell me what you know about demons? Do you talk to any of them, the same way you talk to Jesus? What do they normally like to talk about?
~Just curious.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on September 28, 2017, 04:12:09 AM
Reading, and comprehending, are two entirely different things, raps.
True.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

OldGit

My favourite saint is St Strombola.  She's patron saint of diarrhoea, explosive vomiting and all kinds of violent and unpleasant discharges.  ;)

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on September 28, 2017, 09:42:23 AM
My favourite saint is St Strombola.  She's patron saint of diarrhoea, explosive vomiting and all kinds of violent and unpleasant discharges.  ;)

I was wondering when you would join in :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

SisterAgatha

This is so awkward...

Sister, have you read any of the responses?

I have indeed. And I feel they are only because the people making them are sad and lonesome and outside of Jesus' shining presence!

[Fixed quote tag. - R]

Dave

Quote from: SisterAgatha on September 28, 2017, 02:38:50 PM

This is so awkward...

I have indeed. And I feel they are only because the people making them are sad and lonesome and outside of Jesus' shining presence!

:puke:

Skepticometer now on 99.9%

[Fixed quote tag. - R]
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

Sad and lonely like this pope:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_John_XII
QuoteAfter mutilating some of his enemies, he again was the effective ruler of Rome. Sending Otgar, Bishop of Speyer to the emperor, he attempted to come to some accommodation with Otto, but before anything could come of it, John XII died on 14 May 964. According to Liudprand of Cremona, John died whilst enjoying an adulterous sexual encounter outside Rome, either as the result of apoplexy, or at the hands of an outraged husband.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Recusant

QuoteSister, have you read any of the responses?

:rofl: :smokin cool:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

This is so awkward...

[Fixed quote tag. - R]
Sister... :smileshake:

You must be around Jesus' shinning presence 24/7, yet you've called me, sassy, snarky, sad and lonesome.  :snicker:

Why is there so much hate in your heart? I'm sure Jesus wouldn't like that. Am I, are we, disturbing your holy nerves? 

Just to stir a little more stuff inside of you, you should know that without Jesus' shinning presence I am at peace, and I will never call you names, not because I fear going to the place god sends people who try to hurt others by calling them sassy, snarky, sad and lonesome, but because I simply don't feel like it...today...(I don't know about tomorrow though.) :levitate:

Ecurb Noselrub

Are we certain that the Sister is for real, and not Old Git or Bad Penny or someone else?  Something just doesn't ring true.

No one

You see raps, those other 5 commandments basically say it's ok to be a douche as long as it's the poor , the gays, or anyone else who doesn't agree with your narrow minded views that you treat with utter animosity.

Recusant

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 28, 2017, 04:53:24 PM
Are we certain that the Sister is for real, and not Old Git or Bad Penny or someone else?  Something just doesn't ring true.

I'm as sure as is possible that the SisterAgatha account is not a sock puppet of anybody on this site. Whether the account was created by an actual Catholic sister cannot be determined, but indications are that it is associated with a particular Catholic institution in the United States.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Recusant on September 28, 2017, 05:05:02 PM

I'm as sure as is possible that the SisterAgatha account is not a sock puppet of anybody on this site. Whether the account was created by an actual Catholic sister cannot be determined, but indications are that it is associated with a particular Catholic institution in the United States.

OK, thanks.  Just that something seems strange.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Tank

I can confirm that SisterAgnes is not a sock puppet as I originally suggested/expected. And you're right (s)he is as much a nun as I am.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.