News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hey Mags!!

Started by Biggus Dickus, June 27, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

I think they're cute. Some of them are smarter than Trump, this one has figured out to outsmart him and get around the wall.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on January 12, 2018, 04:25:33 PM
I think they're cute. Some of them are smarter than Trump, this one has figured out to outsmart him and get around the wall.

Those little furry feet!  :love:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

^^^

Why is that little animal so loud!?

~My head hurts.  :picard facepalm:
I'm not drinking that much wine again.  :fingerwag:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on January 11, 2018, 03:36:54 AM
Quote from: Icarus on January 10, 2018, 11:39:46 PM
Mags a personal question from someone who cares.   Are you in any way caught up in the current thing about El Salvadorans?   Tell me to go to hell if you like. It is a personal question that I may be off base by asking.

No, I'm in no way caught up in the current thing about Salvadorans.

It is a personal question, but I would never tell you to go to hell for asking. ~Thank you for caring about my immigration status.

I would like to say more about this unfortunate situation, but typing with only two fingers is a pain in the... :FSM moon:

Trump won't get rid of me...yet.  :smileshake:
I don't understand what he gains from separating families, thousands of them. We will see the result of this maybe soon, and/or years from now, here, and/or in our countries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_protected_status
QuoteBy 2017, the temporary protected status program covered people from ten countries, namely El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, Liberia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.

As you can see it's not just us. I wonder if this will affect Father Bruno's wife or her family. She is from Honduras.

Thanks for thinking of my wife and her family Mags.

Both my wife and daughter were born in Honduras, but both are now American citizens, and all of her family still live in Honduras...so no issues there.

To get a good understanding of this issue I highly recommend the following article. It's very well written and researched. The Global Migration Project at Columbia University has documented the experiences of US deportees forced to return to their home nations over the past decade, such as a young man mistakenly deported who died in a prison fire. Gangs often assume returnees have money so they murdered a father, and fractured the skull of a 13-year-old. A cartel kidnapped a former police woman.

Sarah Stillman, the project's director, recounts for the New Yorker in the following artiicle of a 23-year-old waitress in Texas who was stopped by police and identified an undocumented immigrant. She had a protection order against an abusive ex-husband already deported to Mexico.
Border patrol officers took her to the border. Not long afterward, the husband confessed to strangling her and setting her car on fire with the body inside.

"No U.S. government body monitors the fate of deportees, and immigrant-aid groups typically lack the resources to document what happens to those who have been sent back," explains Stillman "Fear of retribution keeps most grieving families from speaking publicly." Over the past decade lawsuits have been filed against the United States about its responsibility to protect deportees and failure to provide due process. International law forbids the removal of refugees to countries where they may be tortured, killed or persecuted. The tragedy is compounded for children who are US citizens that left behind with bureaucratic challenges for friends and relatives who try to provide care.

3 out of 4 Americans support allowing Dreamers to allow in the US a recent poll has shown, and even 2/3rds of Republicans have backed a pathway to citizenship for them, but Trump has ordered an end to the program.
So the Dreamers fear for their lives if sent back...the article states how domestic-assault reports in one Hispanic neighborhood have dropped more than 85 percent since Trump has taken office, and reports of rape and sexual assault have fallen by 75 percent. These same numbers have been reported in other neighborhoods including suburbs of Chicago and Denver as victims are afraid of exposing themselves to the police or federal agents because of fear of deportation.

"WHEN DEPORTATION IS A DEATH SENTENCE"

Article here.
Audio link is available at the top of the article as well.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

^^^
Thank you, for posting that, Father Bruno.
**Magestic Gratitude GIF.**

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Mags I mentioned a book elsewhere. The book is titled; Alt- America.   You said that you wanted to read that book.  Maybe you do not want to read it because it is a whole gaggle of documentation about lunatic fringe white supremacists.  It is a gripping book but it is one that tends to turn ones stomach..  I do think that it is an essential read for those of us who have a vestige of actual intelligence and rational judgement.  Hispanics and blacks will be reminded overmuch of the blatant racism that exists here in the good ole US of A. 

The author has done this book more than adequately.  It is longer than it needs to be but the meat of the subject is there.  It is pretty raw meat.

For a much better description, go to Amazon.com and find the book.  There are several reader reports and almost all of them give the book five stars.  Peruse the reader feedback.  I would suggest that some of the others of us check out the reviews as well.  It is amusing that the first chapter of the book is titled; The Abyss. 

I will warn the prospective reader at HAF.  The damned book will spoil a perfectly good day because of the monumental  and pervasive stupidity that the book details so well.  Incidentally, it is a Trump bashing delight

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on January 19, 2018, 09:59:11 PM
Mags I mentioned a book elsewhere. The book is titled; Alt- America.   You said that you wanted to read that book.  Maybe you do not want to read it because it is a whole gaggle of documentation about lunatic fringe white supremacists.  It is a gripping book but it is one that tends to turn ones stomach..  I do think that it is an essential read for those of us who have a vestige of actual intelligence and rational judgement.  Hispanics and blacks will be reminded overmuch of the blatant racism that exists here in the good ole US of A. 

The author has done this book more than adequately.  It is longer than it needs to be but the meat of the subject is there.  It is pretty raw meat.

For a much better description, go to Amazon.com and find the book.  There are several reader reports and almost all of them give the book five stars.  Peruse the reader feedback.  I would suggest that some of the others of us check out the reviews as well.  It is amusing that the first chapter of the book is titled; The Abyss. 

I will warn the prospective reader at HAF.  The damned book will spoil a perfectly good day because of the monumental  and pervasive stupidity that the book details so well.  Incidentally, it is a Trump bashing delight
Maybe I shouldn't read it?

QuoteI do think that it is an essential read for those of us who have a vestige of actual intelligence and rational judgement.
I hope you're not saying that I don't posses "actual intelligence and rational judgement."  :notsure:

QuoteHispanics and blacks will be reminded overmuch of the blatant racism that exists here in the good ole US of A.
We don't need a book to remind us, we live it, Icarus.
People are always saying our blood/DNA "contaminates" and "ruins" white people's blood/DNA. That's not a surprise, and/or shocking anymore. It's not a taboo, it's not something people whisper. When we say to them , say it to my face, they say, that's not what I said, or I was just joking.
~Cowards.

Biggus Dickus

Last night Tucker Carlson invited "an actual thinker" onto his show to explain that Hispanic schoolchildren aren't American...

QuoteOn Thursday's Tucker Carlson Tonight, Fox News' highest rated program, the host and his guest, right-wing pundit Mark Steyn, were unrepentant in their embrace of anti-Hispanic racism.

Steyn ominously noted to an audience of about 3 million people that the "majority of grade school students in Arizona are Hispanic." According to Steyn, this means that "Arizona's future is as an Hispanic society." This, Steyn says, is very bad.

QuoteThat means, in effect, the border has moved north," according to Steyn. In other words, Steyn believes that Hispanics are not real Americans.

The unrepentant racism of Tucker Carlson Tonight
A primetime Fox News show embraces white identity politics.

I'm sure the late SisterAgatha was a big fan of this crappy show.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 20, 2018, 02:29:50 AM
Last night Tucker Carlson invited "an actual thinker" onto his show to explain that Hispanic schoolchildren aren't American...

QuoteOn Thursday's Tucker Carlson Tonight, Fox News' highest rated program, the host and his guest, right-wing pundit Mark Steyn, were unrepentant in their embrace of anti-Hispanic racism.

Steyn ominously noted to an audience of about 3 million people that the "majority of grade school students in Arizona are Hispanic." According to Steyn, this means that "Arizona's future is as an Hispanic society." This, Steyn says, is very bad.

QuoteThat means, in effect, the border has moved north," according to Steyn. In other words, Steyn believes that Hispanics are not real Americans.

The unrepentant racism of Tucker Carlson Tonight
A primetime Fox News show embraces white identity politics.

I'm sure the late SisterAgatha was a big fan of this crappy show.

Oh, boy... ::)
QuoteThe irony of Steyn's racist commentary on what it means to be an American is that Steyn is not an American. He is Canadian.
:snicker:

Tank

I love the way racists claim that homozygosity if preferable to hetrozygosity. Morons.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on January 20, 2018, 08:01:33 AM
I love the way racists claim that homozygosity if preferable to hetrozygosity. Morons.
Inbreeding.  :eyebrow:

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

During the 90s and early 2000s there existed a huge number of small or medium sized organizations that were white supemist, conspiracy theorists, and general nut case organization that were not much in touch with reality.  These were organizations that had group meetings, some sort of leader, paying of dues, obligatory regular meetings.and such. 

The arrival of near universal availability of internet services changed all that.  Now the individual could spout his hate or nuttiness without the need for attending meetings, without guidance from a leader, without paying organization dues, without being identified.  Now the nutters could espouse any kind of racism, jew hate, persuasions to overthrow the government, denying established science, demanding gun rights, claims of the conspiracy designed by Obama to create the New World Order,  predicting the end times and all the rest.  But now their audience was  far and away larger than anything that could ever have been possible on a local or regional basis.  The internet and its social media have been a marvelous resource but also a potentially harmful one that promoted palace revolt.....Alas, all that glitters is not gold...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8bihhjH3nI

Magdalena

^^^
That's funny and sad.  ;D :(

Tom62

Quote from: Icarus on January 21, 2018, 03:17:20 AM
During the 90s and early 2000s there existed a huge number of small or medium sized organizations that were white supemist, conspiracy theorists, and general nut case organization that were not much in touch with reality.  These were organizations that had group meetings, some sort of leader, paying of dues, obligatory regular meetings.and such. 

The arrival of near universal availability of internet services changed all that.  Now the individual could spout his hate or nuttiness without the need for attending meetings, without guidance from a leader, without paying organization dues, without being identified.  Now the nutters could espouse any kind of racism, jew hate, persuasions to overthrow the government, denying established science, demanding gun rights, claims of the conspiracy designed by Obama to create the New World Order,  predicting the end times and all the rest.  But now their audience was  far and away larger than anything that could ever have been possible on a local or regional basis.  The internet and its social media have been a marvelous resource but also a potentially harmful one that promoted palace revolt.....Alas, all that glitters is not gold...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8bihhjH3nI

I think it is a general trend that social media is a mobilizing factor for promoting any kind of ideas. Not only from the (alt)right, but from the entire political spectrum. For example, in the Netherlands it was not common that people complained about the colonial past. People, who did that, were not taken seriously. However, in recent years PC and oversensitive American feelings found their way via social media to small radical leftist groups in the Netherlands. So now we are all racists, our history is bad, historical statutes need to be banned, schools and streets (named after famous people) must be renamed, etc. etc.  Many people think that this is way over the top.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein