News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Hey Mags!!

Started by Biggus Dickus, June 27, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on January 11, 2018, 03:36:54 AM
I don't understand what he gains from separating families, thousands of them. We will see the result of this maybe soon, and/or years from now, here, and/or in our countries.
Votes if he stands for POTUS again.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on January 11, 2018, 08:12:46 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 11, 2018, 03:36:54 AM
I don't understand what he gains from separating families, thousands of them. We will see the result of this maybe soon, and/or years from now, here, and/or in our countries.
Votes if he stands for POTUS again.
That's a bunch of sad, pathetic voters!  >:(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Misery loves company.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

I'm not miserable and I love company. Maybe a lot of people love company whether they are miserable or not.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on January 11, 2018, 04:49:46 PM
I'm not miserable and I love company. Maybe a lot of people love company whether they are miserable or not.
Misery loves company. --It's an idiom, yes?
Happy people like you want to share that with others. And unhappy people want the company of others so that they can make them unhappy as well. --Not cool.  :-\

Davin

Yeah, I always have trouble with idioms, most don't make any sense to me.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

No one

Deep seated unabating unhappiness can breed contempt for those that are generally happy. This can lead to taking comfort in that fact that others wallow in the depths of despair as well.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on January 11, 2018, 07:36:18 PM
Yeah, I always have trouble with idioms, most don't make any sense to me.

I don't think you're the only one. :smileshake:

In this case, No one was referring to Trump, a man with, "mental stability and, like, really smart,"  :puppysnicker:
and his unhappy voters.
--They would be happy to see so many families suffer separation, or any other misfortune. (Misery loves company)

~Sad...Very sad and pathetic people in this world...Taking pleasure in the suffering of others... :felix: :felix: :felix: :felix:

Icarus

Thank you for the reply at post 315 Mags. I asked the, perhaps, too personal question because your fate matters to me.  We are a kinda' sorta' family here as you are well aware.

hermes2015

Quote from: No one on January 11, 2018, 07:53:56 PM
Deep seated unabating unhappiness can breed contempt for those that are generally happy. This can lead to taking comfort in that fact that others wallow in the depths of despair as well.

That's how I understand it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on January 12, 2018, 12:20:29 AM
Thank you for the reply at post 315 Mags. I asked the, perhaps, too personal question because your fate matters to me.  We are a kinda' sorta' family here as you are well aware.
We are,  "kinda' sorta' family," here.
We are all connected, somehow. When something happens in Florida, we all "feel" it. When something happens in Texas, we think of Bruce, Norway, Alex, Brazil, Fernanda, Pakistan, England, Germany, Australia, France, Detroit Michigan, Colorado, Arizona, Illinois, and others...  :grin:

I was "brought" to the USA in 1979. I am not in the TPS program or the DACA program. I am a US citizen. This is the country I've known for the last 39 of my  49 years of my life.

Trump builds walls to stop races from "mixing." Some of us were made to, "break" those walls and build bridges--bilingual and bicultural.

~Someone has to.

Edit: Added, (bi), to cultural.

xSilverPhinx

Trump is an asshole, but what saddens me is that he seems to represent a good portion of the US population. Racist pricks and idiots are not limited to any country of course, but the world has its eye on the US, especially since that idiot was elected.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

xSilverPhinx

I :love: hamsters

Especially because they have such fine table manners.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey