News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

"Life Coaches"

Started by xSilverPhinx, March 20, 2018, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

People can only be helped, if they truly want the help. There is an unyielding strength inside. People just need to tap in and reap the rewards of its benefits, rather than allowing themselves to drown in the overwhelming surge of despondency.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 20, 2018, 11:51:56 AM
My brother wants to hire a "life coach" to help him put his life in order. This worries me because my brother is a vulnerable person who has a hard time seeing malice in people, and a lot of difficulty saying 'no'. True story, he once bought an expensive pair of shorts that he really didn't want because the salesperson was pushy. We didn't hear the end of it for a long time.  ::)

He also struggles with depression and has said that therapy and medication aren't helping him. We've urged him to try another psychiatrist but he firmly believes that taking this new route will alleviate whatever he feels is wrong in his life.

I do not have anything good to say about the proposed 'profession' or the individuals that call themselves 'life coaches'. They are, in my opinion, much like self-help books: they sell quick, easy, almost miraculous solution to problems, and consumers become hooked on these.

Thoughts?

Tell him that the International Atheist Cabal have decreed he has do what you tell him.  I will be sending you a .jpg of an official looking badge you can print out and then attach to yourself.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: No one on March 22, 2018, 12:10:40 PM
People can only be helped, if they truly want the help. There is an unyielding strength inside. People just need to tap in and reap the rewards of its benefits, rather than allowing themselves to drown in the overwhelming surge of despondency.

People are all shit though, why waste your time on them?
People are doing nasty things to other people.
So what? they're just shit and they deserve it.
You are morally free to do nasty things to people.
I don't understand what upsets you about the human condition.

No one

Bad Penny II:

Their two cents that are not even worth a penny. Their lack of understanding. How on one hand they're smiley, happy, friendly, while the other hand bears a knife they would plunge into your back at the drop of a hat.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: No one on March 22, 2018, 01:53:41 PM
Bad Penny II:

Their two cents that are not even worth a penny. Their lack of understanding. How on one hand they're smiley, happy, friendly, while the other hand bears a knife they would plunge into your back at the drop of a hat.

That's life.