News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? Why or Why not?

Started by manga, April 17, 2017, 04:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

So we have zero reliable and demonstrable evidence that Jesus rose from the dead. Or that anyone that died from similar injuries came back from the dead. this is an extraordinary claim that would require extraordinary evidence and there is none.

On the other hand we know that people tend to misremember things, that people exaggerate, and that people lie. This is a claim that has mountains of evidence for it.

The latter is far more convincing that the former.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 17, 2017, 02:32:58 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on April 17, 2017, 11:37:42 AM
Chances are there was a charasmatic bloke around at that time and gullible people followed him. But, some of the followers had business brains . . .

Makes about as much sense . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

:snicker:

manga, after the answers you've gotten, so far, are you gonna ask all us what we think about the soul, NDE, the paranormal, and Jesus--one more time?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on April 17, 2017, 09:01:15 PM

:snicker:

manga, after the answers you've gotten, so far, are you gonna ask all us what we think about the soul, NDE, the paranormal, and Jesus--one more time?

Having received one set of responses, ranging from sceptical to derisory, about one aspect of the supernatural/mythical/fantastical things in the human mind one might wonder why, manga, why you bother to ask about these other aspects? Surely it is a redundant exercise, you can only expect a similar response.

Unless, of course, you are merely, if fairly gently, trolling?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on April 17, 2017, 11:37:42 AM
Chances are there was a charasmatic bloke around at that time and gullible people followed him. But, some of ghe followers had budiness brsins . . .

Dafuq? :rofl:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 17, 2017, 06:04:22 AM
I have voiced my suspicions before about manga's "fears" and "questions" to get opinions "just for fun". Well , my opinion is still that he has a hidden agenda. He is preaching and he believes that he is very clever to come here and preach surreptitiously to us atheists by asking all these one-sided fake questions. His motive is to plant seeds of doubt by presenting a string of so-called proofs that he pretends to be neutral about. I think he is a believer and nothing we say will have the slightest effect on his beliefs.

I think your instincts are right.  I don't care whether or not we can effect his beliefs, or he ours, but his one-note posts are becoming very monotonous. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany