News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself. I want to share a discovering with everyone.

Started by GabrielGnosi, March 26, 2017, 08:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielGnosi

Hello, guys.

I am new to the forums and would like to introduce myself.

I'm a religious researcher.

I recently finished writing a book regarding religious matters, with a huge potential to cause a stir, and since I know that due to my proposal I will be attacked by fundamentalist zealots and blind believers, I'm working on building contacts with open minded people who could support me in this enterprise.

I'll be honest with you, I'm not exactly an atheist. The reason why I'm here is because I do prefer an honest atheist than a hypocrite believer. It is impossible to argue with blind believers when it is about questioning religious dogmas.

I'll later start a discussion about my book. I'm trying to get it published.
Keep in touch if you feel interested. I have plans to give away the book for free in places like this forum.
Thank you!

PS: I've read the RULES and I know about the advertising restrictions. I DID NOT COME HERE TO ADVERTISE NOR TO SELL ANYTHING!

Tank

Quote from: GabrielGnosi on March 26, 2017, 08:00:27 AM
Hello, guys.

I am new to the forums and would like to introduce myself.

I'm a religious researcher.

I recently finished writing a book regarding religious matters, with a huge potential to cause a stir, and since I know that due to my proposal I will be attacked by fundamentalist zealots and blind believers, I'm working on building contacts with open minded people who could support me in this enterprise.

I'll be honest with you, I'm not exactly an atheist. The reason why I'm here is because I do prefer an honest atheist than a hypocrite believer. It is impossible to argue with blind believers when it is about questioning religious dogmas.

I'll later start a discussion about my book. I'm trying to get it published.
Keep in touch if you feel interested. I have plans to give away the book for free in places like this forum.
Thank you!

PS: I've read the RULES and I know about the advertising restrictions. I DID NOT COME HERE TO ADVERTISE NOR TO SELL ANYTHING!

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to getting to know you. Would you mind giving us a bit of real world background please because this is where common ground is formed and without common ground you're just a Turing machine  :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

So tell us what aspects of religion you're questioning which will set the fundies raving!
Nice avatar BTW, though I can't say as much for Tank's new one, :)

Dave

Yes, sounds interesting, GG.

Are you not a Discworld fan then OG?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

OldGit

Quote from: Gloucester

What's a discworld?

Dave

Quote from: OldGit on March 26, 2017, 12:06:57 PM

What's a discworld?
Take a whole new thread to explain, dear chap...

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on March 26, 2017, 12:21:53 PM

What's a discworld?
Did you recognise Sam Vimes?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Tank on March 26, 2017, 06:41:32 PM

What's a discworld?
Seen the pic before (can't remember where, used to have a book on The Art of Discworld - maybe there?) Doesn't really look like how I imagined him.

Arturo

Why say you want to share something and then go "I'll tell you later". It's that old joke that middle schoolers tell, "how do yoy keep an idiot busy
I'll tell you tomorrow."
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 26, 2017, 07:29:02 PM
Why say you want to share something and then go "I'll tell you later". It's that old joke that middle schoolers tell, "how do yoy keep an idiot busy
I'll tell you tomorrow."

Write on both sides of a piece of paper, "How to keep an idiot occupied for hours, PTO"

Dark Lightning

What's a discworld?

Doesn't look like Sam Vimes on the cover of Snuff, at least not on my copy.

This person is posting all over the internet at atheist fora. So far, its results seem to be vaporware. I've not seen anything more than this same copypasta elsewhere, at three other sites I visit. We'll see what comes of it. Guess I could check more sites and see which one bans it first.  8)

Tank

Quote from: Fireball on March 27, 2017, 04:46:30 AM

What's a discworld?

Doesn't look like Sam Vimes on the cover of Snuff, at least not on my copy.

This person is posting all over the internet at atheist fora. So far, its results seem to be vaporware. I've not seen anything more than this same copypasta elsewhere, at three other sites I visit. We'll see what comes of it. Guess I could check more sites and see which one bans it first.  8)
Thank you for brining this up.