News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Steve Bannon — Totenkopf

Started by Recusant, March 05, 2017, 08:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Pence has his own thread here and it seems to me that in the White House as it is right now, Bannon is at least as important as Pence.

I thought that the "Saturday Night Live" portrayal of Bannon as the Grim Reaper was overstated.

On the other hand, when I read about Bannon's repeated reference to an overtly racist book, the Totenkopf came to mind, and then I realized it may have been my subconscious connecting the "Saturday Night Live" characterization with my reaction to the article. Or maybe not, since I've long associated violent racism with the Totenkopf insignia of the Nazi SS-Totenkopfverbände.

Quote"[This book is] racist in the literal sense of the term. It uses race as the main characterization of characters," said Cécile Alduy, professor of French at Stanford University and an expert on the contemporary French far right. "It describes the takeover of Europe by waves of immigrants that wash ashore like the plague."

The book, she said, "reframes everything as the fight to death between races."

[Continues . . .]

I knew before I read the article that Bannon has expressed racist sentiments, but the article leads me to believe that he's worse than I thought.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Davin

It was funny how Bannon tricked Trump into giving him a new position.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.