Author Topic: Tech help  (Read 3791 times)

Dave

• Formerly known as Gloucester
  • Guardian of Reason
Re: Tech help
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2018, 12:15:20 PM »
Tank, Asmo, anyone

When I try to modify text on my tsbket it does not work, that below has been font changed, size changed, coliur changed, centred snd emboldened - I have to put the mods in first then type in the middle of the nest or I lose the highlighting everyvtime I try to change after typing:

As below but with all brackets complete:
[font=comic sans ms [size=36pt [color=red [center [b EXAMPLE /b] /center] /color] /size] /font]

EXAMPLE
[/color][/size][/font]

Correct the coding is embedding order sensitive. That's the price of using free software :D

WTF do you find the  orrect order, or is it just SAS?

I sort of worked it out by trial and error.

Examples?

Or too much work?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2018, 12:33:58 PM »
Tank, Asmo, anyone

When I try to modify text on my tsbket it does not work, that below has been font changed, size changed, coliur changed, centred snd emboldened - I have to put the mods in first then type in the middle of the nest or I lose the highlighting everyvtime I try to change after typing:

[font=comic sans ms [size=36pt [color=red [center [b EXAMPLE /b] /center] /color] /size] /font]

EXAMPLE
[/color][/size][/font]

Correct the coding is embedding order sensitive. That's the price of using free software :D

Examples?

Or too much work?

I can't remember any. I sort of do it as I go. :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

• Guardian of Reason
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2018, 01:40:19 PM »
Tank, Asmo, anyone

EXAMPLE
[/color][/size][/font]

Examples?

Or too much work?

I can't remember any. I sort of do it as I go. :(

Think I have sussed it, the more "basic" the modification the closer to the text it has to be:

TEST

[center [color=red [size=36pt [font=courier [b [i TEST /i] /b] /font]  /size] /color] /center]

Dave

• Guardian of Reason
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2018, 08:23:02 PM »
Seems to be having lots of probs with the connection to HAF lately. Often takes ages to get to a thread or upload a reply. Little progress bar stops about 1/10th the way across for up to three minutes and now getting "lost connection to mySQL" error messsge. Tine of dsy does not serm to be a factor.

Any ideas?

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Administrator
  • Silly Overlord
  • "Fire together, wire together"
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2018, 08:26:43 PM »
Seems to be having lots of probs with the connection to HAF lately. Often takes ages to get to a thread or upload a reply. Little progress bar stops about 1/10th the way across for up to three minutes and now getting "lost connection to mySQL" error messsge. Tine of dsy does not serm to be a factor.

Any ideas?

I also got the same message. I took a screenshot and posted it on the HAF Facebook page where our esteemed Asmo lurks.
I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.

hermes2015

• Pretty Sure the Black Cat Isn't in the Dark Room
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2018, 04:53:08 AM »

Any ideas?

I also got the same message. I took a screenshot and posted it on the HAF Facebook page where our esteemed Asmo lurks.

The search function bombed on me a few times yesterday, but I did not record the error message. Will try again today to see how it behaves.

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2018, 08:51:21 AM »
Noted. Not had the problem myself.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.