News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

According to Dredge: Abiogenesis is Magic

Started by Dredge, December 30, 2016, 05:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredge

If you ask me, all research into how life arose from inanimate matter can be rendered laughable and futile by applying a couple of scientific laws learnt in high school.  The first is the Second Law of Thermodynamics and the second is mathematical probability. 

Regarding the latter, the chance of a living, reproducing organism arising from dead matter is so vanishing small that it isn't worth considering.  In any other field of science, such infinitesimally small odds would render a theory dead in the water.  But atheists desperately need to believe that abiogenesis happened, and so they are willing to ignore the rules of science and put their faith in a scientific impossibility.  Such irrational and psychologically-driven reasoning has no place in science, but is mighty useful when it comes to superstition.  Abiogenesis research is really based on belief in magic.

Only God can perform magic.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dredge on December 30, 2016, 05:23:33 AM
If you ask me, all research into how life arose from inanimate matter can be rendered laughable and futile by applying a couple of scientific laws learnt in high school.  The first is the Second Law of Thermodynamics and the second is mathematical probability. 

Regarding the latter, the chance of a living, reproducing organism arising from dead matter is so vanishing small that it isn't worth considering.  In any other field of science, such infinitesimally small odds would render a theory dead in the water.  But atheists desperately need to believe that abiogenesis happened, and so they are willing to ignore the rules of science and put their faith in a scientific impossibility.  Such irrational and psychologically-driven reasoning has no place in science, but is mighty useful when it comes to superstition.  Abiogenesis research is really based on belief in magic.

I too doubted abiogenesis, it just seemed too implausible.
Then one night after a salad, fish and mushroom dinner,
GOD came and told me, "yea that's how I created life."
Then she showed me a few tricks with herbs and butter.
She likes to cook, your attitude is clearly blasphemous.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

I know Christmas is over but I suggest you gift yourself with a copy of the following book:

You clearly have no understanding whatsoever of the subject of abiogenesis.  :reading:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Spit from the original thread and moved to the troll pile.

Dredge.

If you want to promote creationism, and that is what this post does, please put your posts in the correct area of the forum. Your card is marked. This means I will ban you at the slightest sign of trolling or abusing the forum. You have been warned.

Have a nice day.

Tank.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Recusant

Hello, Dredge. In regard to your assertions about mathematical probability, I'd like to see your working out. That is, show the basis for your maths--how do you derive the parameters. Then show what calculations you've performed. Talk is cheap.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

That's why there is no magic.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

The problem with magic is that it can cause, among other things, pigs to grow wings and fly, which makes me uncomfortable because then if enough pigs grow wings and take to the air the probability of me being the victim of a faeces bomb will increase.   :chairhide:

:nu-uh: No, I don't like the idea of magic. It's not that it makes it all seem so random that's the problem - there are stochastic events in nature. :chin: It's that magic makes anything seem possible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're suggesting that life is impossible without the god element thrown into the equation? That's quite a statement and I also await elaboration on why you think that's so. Just please, for the love of god, don't regurgitate the nonsense you find on creationists sites, they're so full of crap that when someone comes and spews their content all over the forum it's like being hit with a flying pig faeces bomb. Not very nice. 

As a welcoming gift to forum, I give you:

Warning: toy might suddenly grow wings.

And for your listening pleasure:

solidsquid

If you trot out such a claim, it helps if you know exactly what the "law" states.  The Earth is not an isolated system and even in an isolated system, entropy tends to increase toward equilibrium, not infinitely.

QuoteRegarding the latter, the chance of a living, reproducing organism arising from dead matter is so vanishing small that it isn't worth considering.  In any other field of science, such infinitesimally small odds would render a theory dead in the water.  But atheists desperately need to believe that abiogenesis happened, and so they are willing to ignore the rules of science and put their faith in a scientific impossibility.  Such irrational and psychologically-driven reasoning has no place in science, but is mighty useful when it comes to superstition.  Abiogenesis research is really based on belief in magic.

I'd be interested in seeing the math from which you derived this conclusion.  Please enlighten us with your probability model for the origin of life. However, I detect the presence of an argument from personal incredulity so I won't get my hopes up.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

So I will tell you why "abiogenesis" makes sense. Shampoo. Why shampoo? Because why not? If you have a primordial soup with all the ingredients needed for living cells then all you need to do is add a little shampoo and you have a clean, healthy environment to sustain life.

Or you can pray to your God-Jesus/Dad-Son to turn your can of Cambell's into living breathing organisms. But I'm telling you it won't happen without shampoo. Although not even I know which shampoo to use of course. Maybe it's Mabelline, or maybe it's Garnier Fructis...take care.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

I don't recall anyone asking, to be honest.

Tom62

Quote from: No one on December 31, 2016, 09:44:56 AM
I don't recall anyone asking, to be honest.

We are living a a post-fact world now, which means that opinions are more important than facts or honesty.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Apathy on December 31, 2016, 06:57:29 AM
So I will tell you why "abiogenesis" makes sense. Shampoo. Why shampoo? Because why not? If you have a primordial soup with all the ingredients needed for living cells then all you need to do is add a little shampoo and you have a clean, healthy environment to sustain life.

Or you can pray to your God-Jesus/Dad-Son to turn your can of Cambell's into living breathing organisms. But I'm telling you it won't happen without shampoo. Although not even I know which shampoo to use of course. Maybe it's Mabelline, or maybe it's Garnier Fructis...take care.

Shampoo might actually help generate life!

All detergents work becsuse their molecules, shaped a bit like tadpoles, have a "head" that is attracted by water and a "tail" that rejects it. The tail attaches to any "non-water" molecules or particles in the water, eventually enclosing these in packages that stay in suspension and can be flushed away. Energy is needed in the system to "shake" particles loose from the clothing or whatever.

Guess what, the walls of animal cells contain molecules with heads and tails! The heads stay on the surface, in the "aqueous" environment. This keeps the "bits" in a neat package. Of course, there are also many molecular channels to get nutrients etc in and waste out.

Taken from: http://people.eku.edu/ritchisong/301notes1.htm

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74