News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Caterpillar to butterfly metamorphosis

Started by WogglebugLovingFilms, December 14, 2016, 07:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WogglebugLovingFilms

Does anyone know of any great philosophical quotes about the symbolism of a caterpillar turning into a butterfly? I would love to read them.
"We are of the Universe. No Gods Needed."

"Your Mind is a Garden. Your Thoughts are the Seeds. You Can Grow Flowers or You Can Grow Weeds."

"Always Remember Your Current Situation is Not the Final Destination. The Best is Yet to Come."

Asmodean

I do not. But then, I'm not the type who puts any stock whatsoever in symbols.

Superficial meaning is... Superficial.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 15, 2016, 12:08:31 AM
Quote from: Apathy on December 14, 2016, 11:57:08 PM
Paging Magdalena!

:chasingbutterfly:
No, I don't know of any great philosophical quotes about the symbolism of a caterpillar turning into a butterfly...sorry.  :-\

The only reason I chose a butterfly in my avatar is because when I came here I noticed that some people had animals in their avatars. Over the years I've seen cats, dogs, snakes, (dragons), monkeys, deer, bears, horses, flying squirrels, chickens, lions, birds, scorpions, (Woggle-Bugs), Über-Asmos, and...I think I've also seen owls, saber–toothed tigers, fish, and crows.  :notsure:

So I thought, "Maybe I need to have an animal in my avatar, but what's left, we almost have the whole zoo!?"  I just wanted an avatar with a non-threatening, beautiful, colorful animal, you know, not likely to cause anxiety--that's all.  :shrug: Hmm... :notsure: I never stopped to think about those with Lepidopterophobia. No one has that:eyeroll: No one hates butterflies. No one associates butterflies with negative things. Wait, did I just say...  :eyebrow:...Never mind.

Let me see, what else? I have no butterfly tattoos either. I didn't come here to go through some type of metamorphosis or anything like that either...Wait, I came here as a happy atheist, and I will leave as a slightly angry atheist...so...that might be my metamorphosis right there.  :chin:
:grin:

Edit: Just remembered to include chickens, lions, birds, saber–toothed tigers, and a fish.
...And now I have to add beautiful scorpions to the list.  ;D
And...a Woggle-Bug and an Über-Asmo --whatever those are.  :-\

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Quote from: Magdalena on December 15, 2016, 05:40:18 AM
Over the years I've seen cats, dogs, snakes, (dragons), monkeys, deer, bears, horses, flying squirrels, chickens, lions, birds, and...I think I've also seen owls, saber–toothed tigers, fish, and crows.  :notsure:
Asmos. Have those been observed?  :(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on December 15, 2016, 06:42:11 AM
Over the years I've seen cats, dogs, snakes, (dragons), monkeys, deer, bears, horses, flying squirrels, chickens, lions, birds, and...I think I've also seen owls, saber–toothed tigers, fish, and crows.  :notsure:
But The Asmo is not an animal.  :headscratch: And I know He loves rats, but He's never had an avatar with a rat. :smileshake: Has He?  :eyebrow: If He has, I'll edit my post and I'll add a rat to the list, just to show Him that He has been observed and always will be. :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Caterpillar sheds its skin
To find a butterfly within

Donovan

Asmodean

Quote from: Magdalena on December 15, 2016, 04:12:12 PM
But The Asmo is not an animal.  :headscratch: And I know He loves rats, but He's never had an avatar with a rat. :smileshake: Has He?  :eyebrow: If He has, I'll edit my post and I'll add a rat to the list, just to show Him that He has been observed and always will be. :)
But... But... THE Asmo is an Über-Asmo. Regular Asmos are... Asmos.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on December 15, 2016, 05:52:41 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 15, 2016, 04:12:12 PM
But... But... THE Asmo is an Über-Asmo. Regular Asmos are... Asmos.
Fine. If I added a dragon and a Woggle-Bug to the list I guess I can also add an Über-Asmo.  :smilenod: