Live Results

Started by Arturo, November 08, 2016, 05:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Things aren't looking so good for Hillary.

If Trump wins the US election reality show, then what? The guy can barely articulate a viable solution, let alone put one into action.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Hopefully we all get nuked  :zombie:
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Steeler

Looking very interesting. Much more so than people thought.

Tom62

I think that people are longing for a change. They no longer trust the establishment and career politicians. They like to see "fresh" faces, not elderly people who try to cling to power forever. Problem however is that,by doing so, they may end up in bigger shit. These are scary and dangerous times.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

I'm too busy with work to hang out much this week, but just thought I'd pop in and comment on this whole Trump situation.

I don't think it matters much to me who wins the US elections, beyond my overseas stocks taking a dive proportional to Trump's lead. The point I want to make, is that electing Trump would indeed be a very American thing to do, would it not? I don't remember many US presidents. Of those I do, I remember Mr. Clinton as quite competent, then the Americans elected Bush Jr, who was a monkey in a suit. Then Obama, who did try to fix what was broken by his predecessor and will overall be remembered moderately well by me. Now that it's time to drive the USA to shits again, who better to do it than a new suited monkey?

In any case, too bad for you reasonable Americans that Hillary's chances seems to be theoretical only, but I do not lament the potential for pointing and laughing for the next four years.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

He just won. It's all over. The ship that is America sunk. It's been an honor. *salutes*

Arturo The1  リ壱

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

OldGit

Now the shit begins to deepen.  Tom's right - people everywhere are sick of the old gang - but I fear they may change their minds before too long.

Tank

Just speechless and fed up with the dumbing down of the world.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Pasta Chick

My family left Germany in the 30's.  Think they'll take me back?

Steeler

People are tired of the same. Let's give the guy a chance. I think this wasnt really about support for Trump as much as it was not wanting Hillary.

Asmodean

I'm with you on giving him the chance. Now that he has the votes, it would be discourteous not to give him that at least. After all, it is possible that he will get enough good people in all the right positions to help him not to fuck this shit up completely.

I suspect that he will still fuck it up and the next US president will largely be on clean-up duty... Again, but I reserve judgement for a year or so.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Steeler on November 09, 2016, 12:30:47 PM
People are tired of the same. Let's give the guy a chance. I think this wasnt really about support for Trump as much as it was not wanting Hillary.
Which just goes to show how Hillary was perceived! To lose against Trump with over twice the budget is quite something.