News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Brown pants moments

Started by Dave, October 08, 2016, 05:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

sounds like very scary situation to be in!!
I;ve had a relatively quiet life. My scariest moment was a big earthquake of 6.8 back in 199something
The earthquake is bad enough but it catches you by surprise. The aftershocks that you know are coming are nerve-wrecking
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

OldGit

Quote from: Gloucester on October 10, 2016, 05:51:02 PM
:snicker:

"You dirty old man!"

(Old British TV series joke)

Another Steptoe fan, eh?

Dragonia

Ooh, ooh! I have many such moments, having been raised in a terror-centric religion, but I'll tell you one.
It was when I was about 12 or 13. The rapture, which everyone knew would be accompanied by an earthquake, (right? Didn't everyone know that?) was imminent. Gonna happen any day. Better be ready and "prayed up"! So I'm outside playing one nice summer Sunday afternoon, and we have an earthquake big enough for me to feel (it was Alaska, earthquakes happened all of the time, and every last one scared the piss out of me). So I run home to get eyes-on confirmation that my mom is still here and hasn't been raptured. But as I enter the house, there sit 2 cups of half-finished tea, and no mother or mother's friend. I yell...no answer. I think Oh god, this was it, and I probably thought a bad thought or was mean to my sister and God knows how bad I am and left me, and all the Christians are up celebrating and I'm left to fend for myself through the horrible end-times events!
So I run through the streets screaming, because my pride is gone, and nothing matters any more, and I'm panicking and hysterical and crying, and seriously about to lose control of my bowels because I know how horrendous the world is about to get.
When our neighbor from down the street (Another Very Good Christian) sticks her head out her window and starts yelling at me to calm down, and what on earth is my problem.... well, that made me stop and think. There's no way God would have left her on Earth. She's super holy. And about that time I saw my mom and her friend taking a walk, enjoying the beautiful warm afternoon. God I felt so stupid. I had to go home and go to the bathroom and cry for a while.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

And now you are an atheist, Dragonia!

Sensible choice.

Hi, been a bit occassional lately and missed you joining.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dragonia

Quote from: Gloucester on October 15, 2016, 08:47:35 PM
And now you are an atheist, Dragonia!
And finally free from fear. It's a good place to be :-)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)