News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Rio Olympics

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, July 06, 2016, 05:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on August 16, 2016, 11:19:11 PM
Luv ya too, Icarus:love:

I watched Bolt run the 200 meters today, again. He's amazing.  :tellmemore:

I probably have some type of "teenage crush" ...or something.  :notsure:
Maybe just "admiration."  :headscratch:

All part of the mating game dear Mags!

The female of the species impressed by a male who is obviously fit and can run faster than dinner.

We are still prmitives at heart.

Some are just still primitives...
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Asmodean

Hm... Come to think of it, I have not followed the olympics at all. Must be all the doping bullshit that's been infesting the news for months.

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a shit about athletes doing drugs. My problem is that there's been no escape from boring sports-related "news" for months now, so I'm a bit put off the whole thing.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on August 17, 2016, 12:41:50 PM
Hm... Come to think of it, I have not followed the olympics at all. Must be all the doping bullshit that's been infesting the news for months.

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a shit about athletes doing drugs. My problem is that there's been no escape from boring sports-related "news" for months now, so I'm a bit put off the whole thing.
Yeah, then add all the political rhetoric...

:puke:

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on August 17, 2016, 06:32:26 AM

The female of the species impressed by a male who is obviously fit and can run faster than dinner.

Interesting... :chin:

How would you finish this one: The male of the species is impressed by a female who is obviously...(???)

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on August 17, 2016, 05:56:56 PM

How would you finish this one: The male of the species is impressed by a female who is obviously...(???)

"...well equipped for child bearing and nuturing."

An example of a so-called Stone Age Venus. There are others and few have even rudimentary faces, though some have huge vaginas.

How'd the hell did we get from Rio to here? Ah, then  there are all those nubile Carnival girls . . . :smilenod:

Oh, yes, Mr Bolt and Mags' fantasies . . .

Asmodean

Quote from: Gloucester on August 17, 2016, 12:51:20 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on August 17, 2016, 12:41:50 PM

Yeah, then add all the political rhetoric...

:puke:
Precisely. Combine that with my deadly-contagious virally-streptococcal bilaterally-pneumonic bronchitis (Medical term is "Coldus Commonus", I believe, but my name's more dramatic) and you have one hell of a puke fest.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on August 17, 2016, 06:34:19 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 17, 2016, 05:56:56 PM

"...well equipped for child bearing and nuturing."

An example of a so-called Stone Age Venus. There are others and few have even rudimentary faces, though some have huge vaginas.

How'd the hell did we get from Rio to here? Ah, then  there are all those nubile Carnival girls . . . :smilenod:

Oh, yes, Mr Bolt and Mags' fantasies . . .
Don't blame the hippie... :smileshake:
...You just keep showing me how deep the rabbit hole goes.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

If the world judges whole countries by the behavior of some of its citizens (and it often does), then the US has egg on its face right now. That's nothing new, and in a way I'm glad. The original story told by the tipsy swimmers would only have smeared Brazil's reputation, and I think that the Rio Olympics has generally come off better than many feared it would.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on August 19, 2016, 03:49:31 PM
If the world judges whole countries by the behavior of some of its citizens (and it often does), then the US has egg on its face right now. That's nothing new, and in a way I'm glad. The original story told by the tipsy swimmers would only have smeared Brazil's reputation, and I think that the Rio Olympics has generally come off better than many feared it would.

I'm glad that's settled.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

So the Olympics wasn't as disastrous as I thought it would be...it seems they were able to pull it off without bringing the apocalypse upon us.

And we beat Germany this time. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 22, 2016, 12:35:53 AM
So the Olympics wasn't as disastrous as I thought it would be...it seems they were able to pull it off without bringing the apocalypse upon us.

Yup,  bloody well done Rio!

Here's hoping the city can build on this.

Icarus

Even the closing event was plenty good even though it was raining. The arena projection images were imaginative, colorful, and entertaining.

Just imagine how much in endorsement money Lochte will have pissed away with his dipshit behavior.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on August 22, 2016, 05:04:52 AM
. . .

Just imagine how much in endorsement money Lochte will have pissed away with his dipshit behavior.
I feel he has unearned every missed penny of it.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 22, 2016, 12:35:53 AM

You pulled it off very well indeed.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on August 22, 2016, 05:04:52 AM
Even the closing event was plenty good even though it was raining. The arena projection images were imaginative, colorful, and entertaining.

Just heard that Speedo have dumped him and will give 50 kilodollars of his sponsorship fees to Save the Children.