News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Ecurb's Travels

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, July 01, 2016, 01:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Sorry I'm posting so much tonight.  Tomorrow my mujer and I leave for Montana, where we will rent a car and drive into Alberta and BC, Canada.  Trying to beat the heat in Texas.  When I land it in Montana, it will be my 50th state.  I will have been to every state in the USA, plus all 254 counties in Texas, and after the trip I'll have visited 4 Canadian provinces, 6 Mexican states, and about 25 countries.

Next year we are doing a Viking river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest - my only new country there will be Hungary.  My bucket list is looming larger - I want to see as much of the world as I can before I check out.  We'll be gone two weeks.  Cheers.

Sandra Craft

Not a problem, most of us want you to post more anyway!  Have fun on your vacation, I will be envying you every day.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Firebird

Sounds awesome, have a great time.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 01, 2016, 01:11:46 AM
Sorry I'm posting so much tonight.  ...
You never, ever have to apologise for posting too much!

Have a great trip :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Have a good trip, Bruce!

Ali

Ecurb Noselrub

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

One week until my super vacation.  My wife and I are flying business class (United Polaris) from Houston to Amsterdam.  Two nights there, then boarding a Viking cruise ship going down the Rhine, to the Main, then on a canal to the Danube, and finally ending up in Budapest, Hungary.  Anyway, 15 days on the boat, two in Amsterdam and an extra night in Budapest. Pulling out all the stops.  5 countries total: Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovakia (just passing through Bratislava without stopping), and Hungary.  I've never been to Slovakia or Hungary, so that's new.  One day trip to Munich when we stop at Regensburg, Germany. Never been there before.  I see lots of beer and wine in my future. We bought the drinking package, so I have my work cut out for me to make sure Viking loses money on me.  Probably not possible.

We are coming home on Lufthansa, also business class.  I'm totally disconnecting from work for a total of 19 days, including one night I'm spending in Houston. I'll learn that I can live without them, and they'll learn they can live without me. Hope I have a job when I get back.  I'm leaving after work on the 27th, so you won't hear from me until July 17.  But I'll try to post some photos when I get back.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 22, 2017, 03:25:23 AM
But I'll try to post some photos when I get back.

You better.  Have a great time, Bruce!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hermes2015

That sounds like a wonderful itinerary. I have been to all those places, but somehow felt quite at home in Regensburg (not because of the Nazi connections!). I was stranded in Budapest once for 2 days, because the airport was closed due to snow. Another time I was lucky enough to be in Munich one year for the Oktoberfest, which I can recommend. I really love Munich -  try to visit the excellent Science Museum.

Have a great time!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

I can invite you for a coffee or a beer, since I'm living in the Rhine-Main area.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 22, 2017, 03:25:23 AM
...  But I'll try to post some photos when I get back.

Looking forward to them!!! Enjoy.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.