News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Post reply no Alt text anymore anymore

Started by Bad Penny II, May 26, 2016, 01:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

I sometimes, no, I often browse with images blocked.
It used to be that there was Alt text that appeared in place of the bold, italic, underline....happy icons.
Doesn't seem to be there anymore, it's only a very minor inconvenience for me, I'm not asking for anything to be done.
Is there new technology for blind people that negates the need for alt text?
Ye I suppose I could've Googled it.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Recusant

When did this problem first appear? If it happened at some point after Asmodean brought the site back from the crash, then most likely it has to do with your browser and not the site software, which has not been updated since then.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

I associate with the new SMF

that's a capture from IE, the others are from firefox

Bad Penny II

In IE if you place cursor over one of the those stubby vertical lines you get a pop up description

Bad Penny II

Recusant

OK, I just checked on my computer. I have Firefox 46.0.1, and when I set it to block images, I get:

However in Chrome, once I've set it to block images, I get a similar problem to the one you've shown, except there's a blank space in the "code button" area. I discovered that if I hover the cursor in that area where the button icons would be (or the text shown above), I do get mouseover texts for the various functions as I slowly move the cursor about. Not very practical! (And sorry that my answer is not at all helpful. Is it possible you're running a slightly out of date Firefox?)

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Buddy

Speaking of things disappearing, my insert Youtube video button seems to be missing.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

That's strange. It's still a functioning mod on the site, and in Chrome and Firefox I still have the button. What browser are you seeing this problem on?

For now, you could just manually enter the youtube tags: [youtube](url of the video you want to show)[/youtube]
— H. L. Mencken

Buddy

I'm using Firefox on the computer and when I'm on safari on my phone I can see it
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.