News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hi

Started by sheep, June 14, 2008, 02:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheep

Hi
Hey guys, its sheep here. I'm 14 and Im an atheist. I went to a catholic school for 8 years. I was religious the first seven. Then some logical thinking occurred which was cause by the movie Zeitgeist. This last year I was agnostic and now im an atheist. I had some debates with my religion teacher, that was quite fun. He said it was illogical to believe in many gods (pagan gods specifically) but it was very logical to believe in one god that was always there and expects us to believe in him but has absolutely no communication with us. My parents arent very religious, so they didnt mind, and enjoy having conversations about god sometimes. Im glad they arent crazy religious like some people i know.

Also, I'm into magic and debating with theists.

pjkeeley

Welcome to the forum.

I watched Zeitgeist and for a while was going around telling people I know to watch it too. Not because I think it's the gospel truth but because it makes people think critically about a lot of important subjects (religion, the economy, power, global politics and so on). It's good just so long as you subject the movie itself to the same critical thinking it encourages, because I certainly wouldn't say it's without error. I've read qite a few convincing debunkings of the 9/11 part in particular.

myleviathan

What's up, Sheep? Welcome. You could really freak people out at the Christian forums by telling them you're 14 and an atheist. You'll be wearing out their knees.  lol
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "myleviathan"You could really freak people out at the Christian forums by telling them you're 14 and an atheist.

Agreed!  :)
-Curio

sheep

Quote from: "myleviathan"What's up, Sheep? Welcome. You could really freak people out at the Christian forums by telling them you're 14 and an atheist. You'll be wearing out their knees.  ;)

Asmodean

Quote from: "sheep"
Quote from: "myleviathan"What's up, Sheep? Welcome. You could really freak people out at the Christian forums by telling them you're 14 and an atheist. You'll be wearing out their knees.  ;)
Yes, yes it is :-D

When I was about 12-13, I told a Christian fundie that I was a Satanist. She almost had a heart attack. Later, when I started telling people about my lack of belief, I was once told (among other things) that I needed "Emergency salvation in a church with a priest." I still have half a mind of going to a church and demanding exactly that. With a camera on me, naturally :-D Could make quite a movie

Welcome to the forums, wooly one :-P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

joeactor

Hello Sheep - you sound like a fun, thinking individual.

Should be some interesting conversations ;-)

Nice to meet you,
JoeActor

Evolved

Hey Sheep!  Glad to have you here.  I think that you'll have a great time!
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

SteveS

Hello sheep - welcome to the board!