News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

My little bro and his wife who got me into the show quit the show after Glen was killed off. I felt like quitting during that terrible second half of a season leading up to Negan's reveal.

To me, it was a very jarring transition. They went from learning how to survive and kick ass, to getting killed and destroyed left and right for no realistic reasons. And those "getting killed by something off screen by something that someone in the scene should have been able to easily see" shit they kept pulling was cringy as fuck. But I'll stick it out... I have to finish watching it.

And I get that they wanted to make Negan some kind of super bad ass, and while I think that Jeffrey Dean Morgan is doing a great job in the acting part of it. It just seems way too unrealistic for me to get behind.

And then last episode, they're sitting surrounded by tons of zombies and their magical solution to getting out, was to just shoot them all. Like why wasn't that on the table at all? For saving bullets? They were running out of food and water and they were worried about getting low on bullets? And they're supposed to be this kind of super power in the zombie world? They're a bunch of idiots. It's way too forced for me right now.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

I heard they are going to give Ed Sheeran a cameo on this show as well. ::)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Father Bruno on December 07, 2017, 05:21:58 PM
I heard they are going to give Ed Sheeran a cameo on this show as well. ::)

Ha!

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 06, 2017, 06:28:31 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 06, 2017, 04:49:37 PM
Yeah, I feel like the show in general relies heavily upon telling you how things are supposed to be, and you're supposed to just go with it. But it doesn't actually work that way.

Rick and Daryl are supposed to be great survivalists. Instead they make one incredibly stupid decision after another and continually narrowly avoid dying. It doesn't add suspense or drama, it just makes you wonder how they've made it this far because reality is clearly not what the show supposes

Negan is supposed to be a terrifying, untouchable bad guy, but instead he just walks around like a normal dude with a bizarre attachment to sports equipment and for some reason everyone does what he says and no one bothers to kill him. It's maddening.

But it's like heroin - you know it's bad but you keep taking it. I have too much invested to give up now.  Maybe it will get better???

I actually have just quit. I'm frustrated over having spent so much time on it and the show it could have been.

Hopefully the networks have learned something about fan pandering. I wonder what the actual ratings are?

Pasta Chick

Apparently ratings are declining rapidly.

TWD at 6 Year Low

And as for killing Shiva, seriously, what do people expect? When it comes to a fight, animals are only good for killing several guys before getting taken down, saving you some man power (hopefully - tigers don't discriminate). I say the same thing to people who want a dog for protection all the time. Are you planning to run away while he's being shot/stabbed to death? Because that's what's gonna happen.

Ecurb Noselrub

Going cold turkey, eh?  Well, we won't tempt you with information about the mid-season finale.  Don't want you to have a relapse.

Pasta Chick

I've tried episode 2 on three occasions now. It's not happening. I actively find reasons to do other things when it's on. At this point spoilers are just helpful reminders I'm not missing anything.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 06, 2017, 06:28:31 PM
But it's like heroin - you know it's bad but you keep taking it. I have too much invested to give up now.  Maybe it will get better???

I don't know why Walking Dead is the HAF pet show.
I watched a few series, it is kinda crap.
Vikings is the good shit, we should've done that.
Ragnar would have had a shield wall up and hacked those slow zombie fcks...
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

You could make a Vikings thread, I like that show.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick

There was a Vikings thread at one point. I liked it but dropped out in season 2 due to scheduling conflicts. I think it was on late, and also at a time where I usually arrived home about 10 minutes in to an episode.

Biggus Dickus

How about a thread for "ANTIQUES ROADSHOW", PBS's 15-time Emmy® Award- nominated show? I love this show.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

AngelOfDeath

I'd be happy if rick got ate by the zombies.  the show has gotten so dumb

AngelOfDeath

aww, did they really kill off the stupid fake cgi tiger?  so silly

Dragonia

*choke*
*sniff*
I can't take this show any more.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Ecurb Noselrub

Carl got bit. Wish it had been Rick.