News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Maybe he was calling from the jar.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on January 24, 2018, 02:36:05 PM
Maybe he was calling from the jar.
That reminds me...
Let's get back to Trump:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Icarus

Here is a guy who does not quite respect our president. NSFW (depending on where you happen to work).....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_DuBec8m3M    R rated.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

El Trumpo has told our Prime Moron Minister that there will be lots of trade between our two countries in the future.

Why do I want to say, "Yeah, yeah . . .  whatever," and hope we have more stable and reliable alternatives.

Be jnteresting to see if Ol' Snowflake is of the same mind after he has experienced the Great British Unwelcome predicted if he visits.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

News from Davos seems to indicate that the tone of Trump's speech, regarding "America First" and the global economy, was at odds to his usual rhetoric. There is no relying on this person to stick to one policy line - can't even rely on his output being "fake views" any more.

One pundit said, in effect, that he was playing to the crowd again since his base, to whom he offered the reverse, would not be listening to this on the whole so he was on safe ground.

Seems he is anti predatory trade behaviour and bullying (?) - hope he tells the American companies who are trying to export things like GM foods and chlorine washed chicken etc to Europe, against European law.

Sorry, this man is President Shithead.

Icarus

Magdalena

Did anyone else, besides me, not watch the, State of the Union?
That 'orange thing' is not worthy of my time.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

I didn't watch it, but there was a drinking game for it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/redeye/bars/ct-redeye-state-of-the-union-drinking-game-20180129-story.html
Take one drink whenever...

• Trump strikes his goofy "thumbs up" pose
  • Trump mentions his electoral college win and/or the size of his inauguration crowd
  • Trump spreads his arms out
  • Trump says some variation of "People are saying, more and more"
  • Trump talks about "bringing X back, folks" or "making Y bigger than ever" (e.g. jobs, stock market, State of the Union speeches, democracy)
  • Kellyanne Conway scares you
  • You notice the size of Trump's hands

I think it was designed to kill people with alcohol poisoning.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on January 31, 2018, 01:31:57 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/redeye/bars/ct-redeye-state-of-the-union-drinking-game-20180129-story.html

• Trump mentions his electoral college win and/or the size of his inauguration crowd
  • Trump talks about "bringing X back, folks" or "making Y bigger than ever" (e.g. jobs, stock market, State of the Union speeches, democracy)

:rofl:
Or to give them the most wonderful time of their lives.  :grin:

Here's another one:
San Diegans Hurl Chanclas at Trump During State of the Union Speech

www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/San-Diegans-Hurl-Chanclas-at-Trump-During-State-of-the-Union-Speech-471939373.html

QuoteOne group of San Diegans held a community watch party for President Donald Trump's first State of the Union Speech that many may consider disrespectful. Those in attendance described it as "cathartic."

Instead of not applauding, booing or even jeering at something they didn't like, the audience threw shoes and sandals at the screen.

In some Hispanic homes, chanclas or flip flops are used to discipline. Throwing one is a sign of disagreement or anger.

I must say that I've never used a chancla to discipline my kids, or any kind of violence, but I would probably use it if I had a kid like Tantrum Throwing Toddler Trump.  ;D

Edit: Fixed spelling.

Dave

Just wsiting for an anslysis - what little I heard sounded like a Trump rally, if without quite do much shouting.

The point about black employment has already been challenged, it was said that the increase started before Trump got elected and that if whites had the same employed : unemployed ratio there would be great gnashing of teeth in all parts of Congress.

I cannot blame anyone for protecting the interest of their country, unless doing so proves to be detrimemtal. Play hardball with others and the can play the same game - isolating America even more than it is now. But I am ambivalent regarding the threats China might offer ,Trump might have some points there

So, just the usual political lies misrepresentations and appeals to emotion nationalism then? Probably. I would bet Putin liked the speech.

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on January 31, 2018, 04:30:08 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 31, 2018, 01:31:57 PM

:rofl:
Or to give them the most wonderful time of their lives.  :grin:

Here's another one:
San Diegans Hurl Chanclas at Trump During State of the Union Speech

www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/San-Diegans-Hurl-Chanclas-at-Trump-During-State-of-the-Union-Speech-471939373.html

QuoteOne group of San Diegans held a community watch party for President Donald Trump's first State of the Union Speech that many may consider disrespectful. Those in attendance described it as "cathartic."

Instead of not applauding, booing or even jeering at something they didn't like, the audience threw shoes and sandals at the screen.

In some Hispanic homes, chanclas or flip flops are used to discipline. Throwing one is a sign of disagreement or anger.

I must say that I've never used a chancla to discipline my kids, or any kind of violence, but I would probably use it if I had a kid like Tantrum Trowing Toddler Trump.  ;D

Hitting people with shoes, or throwing them, is a fairly common display of displeaure. Even Kruschev did it, symbolically, by beating the lectern with his shoe at the UN some (many) years ago. Iraqi's beat Saddam's statue with their shoes when it was pulled down and showing a person the soles of your shoes or feet is an aggressive insult in Greece. Could be a way of saying, "You are dirt beneath my feet," without actually stomping the person.

Tom62

Seems to me that Trump's first year wasn't too bad. Economy is good, unemployment is low; much however can still be attributed to the Obama presidency. However companies want to invest in America again, especially since the tax reforms made it very profitable for them to do so. In general I would give Trump a B+. He scores however very low in social skills, charm, diplomacy and empathy though.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on February 01, 2018, 04:31:53 AM
Seems to me that Trump's first year wasn't too bad. Economy is good, unemployment is low; much however can still be attributed to the Obama presidency. However companies want to invest in America again, especially since the tax reforms made it very profitable for them to do so. In general I would give Trump a B+. He scores however very low in social skills, charm, diplomacy and empathy though.

So Trump has not (yet) managed to totally undo the positive trends from before his election? He is, sometimes, realising he cannot be the autocrat that he was in hisbown companies. Yet, if the current fight between him and the FBI is as reported, he is not above trying to put pressure on legal entities to bend in his favour.

OK, all politicians try to sway by hints, at least, but with Trump one cannot be blamed for thinking this is a personal image thing rather than for party or ideological reasons. The progression through mention, denial then threat to sacking or attempted discreditation seems to become a well worn travk.

In this multi/(anti)social-media driven world celebrity, charisma, empty rhetoric, egotism etc seem to be accepted substitues for knowledge, experience, intelligence and mature consideration. Truth and justice (maybe even global peace in this case) are the natural victims of such behaviour.