News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

I'm bringing Netflix series to potentially switch to Hulu for a bit.

Just finished Stranger Things 2, which was very good but not nearly as good as season 1. I felt like they tried to cram too much in and rushed around. At the same time there was a lot of weird problematic stuff, and I felt more like they were going for "remember when we weren't all so PC" instead of "remember all this music and film projectors and D&D on graph paper"?

Tank

Now have Netflix.

Binge watching The Big Bang Theory.

Best line so far. Penny is in the laundry with the hot blond who has moved in upstairs and describes 'Shields' from Star Trek and double takes on her new found gookdom!

I have far too much in common with Sheldon. No, really, I do!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I really want to watch Vikings on Netflix.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2018, 10:04:50 AM
Now have Netflix.

Binge watching The Big Bang Theory.

Best line so far. Penny is in the laundry with the hot blond who has moved in upstairs and describes 'Shields' from Star Trek and double takes on her new found gookdom!

I have far too much in common with Sheldon. No, really, I do!

I'm enjoying the spin-off called Young Sheldon. I'm afraid I can see a lot of myself in that boy.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Sandra Craft

Binge watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix.  Enjoying it overall, but what the heck is wrong with Fonda's eyes? 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Books, Fonda is an old broad who has exceeded her "use by" date.  I still like her and both me and wife Elaine enjoy the humorous series with Frankie (Lilly Tomlin) the  delightful weirdo. ....Oh Alright I did not like Jane much when she was Hanoi Jane. Never mind that she was closer to being right than our glorious leaders.

I still shudder at the movie about that Vietnam madness, Deer Hunter and its eventual outcome.  It has the most poignant theme music.  The musical composition is called Cavatina.  It grabs me with force and emotion............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSECkRnpsDE 

Tank

Found Orange is the new Black on Netflix, Hooked!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

No one

The wheels going round and round.

jumbojak

The Virginian. Locusts are about to descend on Medicine Bow.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Sandra Craft

Taking a break from Grace and Frankie to watch The Frankenstein Chronicles.  Doesn't Sean Bean ever age?  It seems to me he's looked craggy and middle-aged for 50 years.
Sandy

jumbojak

Quote from: jumbojak on March 06, 2018, 12:28:30 AM
The Virginian. Locusts are about to descend on Medicine Bow.

And... The dreaded locusts were defeated. Like Leonidas at Thermopylae, the men of Shiloh held the scourge at bay by lighting a fire break in a mountain pass...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: Sandra Craft on March 06, 2018, 01:25:06 AM
Taking a break from Grace and Frankie to watch The Frankenstein Chronicles.  Doesn't Sean Bean ever age?  It seems to me he's looked craggy and middle-aged for 50 years.
Well at least as the lead he won't die till they cancel the series!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on March 06, 2018, 06:32:32 AM

I was wondering if he'd find some way around that.  He sure does seem to like dying off early in things.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on March 06, 2018, 09:06:20 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 06, 2018, 06:32:32 AM

I was wondering if he'd find some way around that.  He sure does seem to like dying off early in things.

*cough*Gameofthrones *cough* *cough*

QuoteDoesn't Sean Bean ever age?  It seems to me he's looked craggy and middle-aged for 50 years.

It's true! Between Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones it looks like he hasn't aged a day. :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Michael Reilly

The Punisher on Netflix. I am a huge fan of Marvel (and DC, and Star Trek, and the Expanse, and...) I have been enjoying the sheer, visceral, "No fuck you" of the main character's response to...everything. There is also an element of concern with veterans (of which I am one) in the narrative, which makes it especially poignant for me.

So yeah, if you have the next 43 years free, watch all of the Marvel shows on Netflix (I am still working my way through them), then AGENTS of Shield, than the 13 Marvel movies. And Legion. And the X-Men.

This is a work in progress.