News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

we are set up for failure

Started by MusicLovingAtheist, December 21, 2014, 06:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicLovingAtheist

yeah, okay, I get it. I'm horrible, everyone else is right. I would prefer is we didn't make such a scene of it.

MusicLovingAtheist

I wonder how I should go about telling people about myself. I want to warn people before I meet them somehow that I say stuff that pisses people off. I dunno, like, if I just say "a lot of people hate me" then they will get the wrong idea and be like "I won't hate you \^3^/" and then they're like, oh... maybe I should just tell people "disclaimer: I'm not normal"

xSilverPhinx

I just think you need to think a little more before you talk or write, so as to avoid committing so many faux pas. You should learn what is generally unacceptable socially, if you don't want to push people away.

*Edited to correct misspelling.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

MLA, why don't you try out the golden rule for a while. Treat others the way you want to be treated. It's a basic stepping on point to behaving well in society. I say this, because when people treat you only slightly like you've treated other people, you don't seem to like it. Like at all. But then you continue to treat other people the way you seem to not like to be treated. So before you hit the submit button, ask yourself if how you are talking is how you want someone to talk to you.

The alternative I think is to keep acting how you're acting, but stop acting like people are just being mean to you out of no where. Because if you're going to treat other people a certain way, then you have no rational reason to get upset that people treat you the same way.

But you have no ground to stand on to treat other people shitty and then get upset when other people react to you in kind.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.