News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on January 09, 2018, 03:08:09 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 08, 2018, 10:21:26 PM
I've procrastinated and now I can't find the time to finish what I need to finish. Why do I keep sabotaging myself? ::)

Yeah. :sad sigh: It just seems simple. It never is. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 09, 2018, 07:40:48 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 09, 2018, 03:08:09 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 08, 2018, 10:21:26 PM
I've procrastinated and now I can't find the time to finish what I need to finish. Why do I keep sabotaging myself? ::)

Yeah. :sad sigh: It just seems simple. It never is.
The problem I have with procrastination, isn't simply putting things off until later. That's part of it, but I have never put things off just to put things off or because I was lazy. Everything I put off until later were things I honestly thought I had the time to still get done. So all the common "helpful" advice doesn't help at all because it comes from people that do not understand what the problem is.

And then there are all the times when I had a huge project due in the morning and I could get it done just barely in time and still come out better than most students. That doesn't help me when I'm deciding my priorities.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on January 09, 2018, 08:01:03 PM
The problem I have with procrastination, isn't simply putting things off until later. That's part of it, but I have never put things off just to put things off or because I was lazy. Everything I put off until later were things I honestly thought I had the time to still get done. So all the common "helpful" advice doesn't help at all because it comes from people that do not understand what the problem is.

And then there are all the times when I had a huge project due in the morning and I could get it done just barely in time and still come out better than most students. That doesn't help me when I'm deciding my priorities.

I focus better when time is running out but stress myself out, perhaps unnecessarily, which is why I don't like it when I procrastinate, though I keep doing it. Priorities change on a daily or even hourly basis. :grin:   

No one

"A little procrastination never hurt anyone", I often tell myself. I just never get around to doing it.

Dave

Oh, hush you lot, I just have no time to procrastinate, I've put it off until I have a few minutes to spare! Manhā . . . Maybe.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on January 10, 2018, 05:17:24 PM
Oh, hush you lot, I just have no time to procrastinate, I've put it off until I have a few minutes to spare! Manhā . . . Maybe.

Amanhã :grin:

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 11, 2018, 12:16:10 PM

OK, so google got translating "maňana" wrong!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on January 11, 2018, 12:57:41 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 11, 2018, 12:16:10 PM

OK, so google got translating "maňana" wrong!

Google Translate helps, but it's still a lousy program for translating. Probably the best one free programs out there though.

No one

Syntax, is Google translate's biggest obstacle.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on January 11, 2018, 03:54:17 PM
Syntax, is Google translate's biggest obstacle.

To be fair, it used to be much worse. They still sometimes come up with funny word choices though and you can forget about translating language-specific expressions. 

xSilverPhinx

I turned on the AC an hour ago, now I'm cold.

Cold... :headshake:

Buddy

I was in the middle of typing an email to a potential employer when the cat walked across my keyboard and sent it.

Free cat, will ship if anyone wants him
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Buddy on January 12, 2018, 06:31:38 PM
I was in the middle of typing an email to a potential employer when the cat walked across my keyboard and sent it.

I'll take it! :point&giggle:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

I can do a nice line in keyboard fences: traditional white pailings, wrought iron spears, razor wire . . .

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Tank

:rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.