News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on December 31, 2017, 12:04:56 PM
F***ing snot tap has attached itself to my face!  :Gaah:

Well you are living at a latitude people really shouldn't, not on full time basis anyway.
No, you've got yourself to blame, you get no sympathy from me.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Velma

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 31, 2017, 12:22:38 PM

Well you are living at a latitude people really shouldn't, not on full time basis anyway.
Having only recently recovered from a cold myself, you get plenty of sympathy from me. I hope you feel better soon. Now, get someone to make you a cup of tea; bring you your slippers, and pillows and blankets; and dose you with some cold medicine; so you can get comfy in the recliner and hog the television.  :hug:

Pay extra for the extra soft tissues - your nose will thank you.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on December 31, 2017, 08:14:47 PM

Having only recently recovered from a cold myself, you get plenty of sympathy from me. I hope you feel better soon. Now, get someone to make you a cup of tea; bring you your slippers, and pillows and blankets; and dose you with some cold medicine; so you can get comfy in the recliner and hog the television.  :hug:

Still feel like shite  :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on December 31, 2017, 08:32:26 PM

:therethere:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

:therethere: You will feel that way for a few days, I'm sure. Eventually, you will feel better.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Welcone to Curmudgeon's Corner:

It is 10pm, the rain has stopped and the bloke in the next road, who thinks the best fireworks are the loudest ones, has started his display.

If he does his usual thing it will be a "second shoe" pattern. By 11pm the main display will be over - then he will let off a loud banger every 10 or 20 minutes. You never know which is the last one, so there is no point trying to sleep, until it reaches the legal time limit at 1am tomorrow.

I was hoping, very much, that the torrential rain of earlier would return.

This is sociopathic behaviour I think.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

I was sleep at 11:59 then our local firework psychopath lets of hundreds of explosions. Don't mind normally!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Icarus

I concur with you esteemed gentlemen of substance and style.

The dipshits that feel the need to make explosive sounds with some sort ignited powder driven device are of questionable intelligence. Certainly of questionable social responsibility. 

When my long ago dog Callie, and more recent one, Freckles, had to endure the senseless extreme percussive noise that terrified them, I became less and less tolerant of foolish exhibitionist revelry.

Magdalena

:therethere:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Just taken me half an hour to change my windshield wiper, normally a three minute job. Just could not get the thing to unlock at first. Nothing on it in the owner's manual and none of the Youtube videos had my kind of wiper.  In the end I just inserted a screwdriver between the arm and the lock and bruted it off.

New one went on easily, it has a much simpler, but adequate, lock.

Thankfully there was a sunny bit between the wet bits.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

It's so infuriating when those simple jobs you've done for years go tits up!

No one

Tank

Quote from: No one on January 01, 2018, 05:36:46 PM
Is not sagging tits worse?
'Tits up' to fall over backwards. Used to generally indicate things going wrong.

Bluenose

Started dialysis a couple of weeks ago.  All going fine until Tuesday when the needles kept clotting.  Now I'm sitting in hospital waiting to get on a list with the vascular team to perform an angioplasty.  Boring!  I'm not sick, I'm here because I need the procedure and they're not doing it for outpatients at the moment so I'm an inpatient.  Thank the FSM I brought my notebook in! 
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Bluenose on January 03, 2018, 11:02:12 AM
Started dialysis a couple of weeks ago.  All going fine until Tuesday when the needles kept clotting.  Now I'm sitting in hospital waiting to get on a list with the vascular team to perform an angioplasty.  Boring!  I'm not sick, I'm here because I need the procedure and they're not doing it for outpatients at the moment so I'm an inpatient.  Thank the FSM I brought my notebook in!

Greetings from sunny Oman! My best wishes to you during your stay in hospital. Keep us informed.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames