News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Atheist Voters

Started by m.condon, January 31, 2012, 11:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markmcdaniel

Quote from: Firebird on June 10, 2012, 03:45:07 AM
Quote from: markmcdaniel on June 09, 2012, 09:25:42 PM
The Republican party was in fact the progressive party and remained so pretty much up to the election of Ronald Reagan. What is really frightening is that compared to the Tea Party Republicans that are currently in power conservatives like Berry Goldwater and and Ronald Reagan are now look like moderates.

Seriously! The Tea Party would never elect Reagan today. He'd be worse than McCain and Romney in their eyes. Their worship of him is almost...dare I say...religious ;)
This is only too true. The Tea Party would not like the real Reagan.Upon occasion  Reagan would commit the cardinal sin of compromise. This would never be accepted by the Tea Party today.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche