Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
« Last post by hermes2015 on Today at 04:33:58 AM »
Laid Back Lounge / Re: All things cat (or kat(t))
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 03:01:00 AM »

Rats are just as smart as cats?

(Dogs don't need to ring a bell or press a lever, they just give you that look... :tellmemore: It hijacks motherly instincts, see.)
« Last post by jumbojak on Today at 02:52:16 AM »
He seems intent on staying, despite the fact that you are intent on moving.
« Last post by Buddy on Today at 02:10:41 AM »
I was browsing postings on my work’s job board today because we were slow and there were quite a few that I was qualified for in the Harrisburg PA area. It took a lot of willpower to not apply for all of them. I want to move out there so bad. I was okay with leaving it alone until my boyfriend was like, let’s look at houses for fun aannd there are actually a few decent ones that we could afford.

The rational part of my brain was telling me that now is not the time for house hunting and that I need to pay my car off a bit and settle into my current job a bit more

The impulsive part of me wants to have my own house and a dog

We’ve decided that we will revisit the idea next year when our lease is up.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons to be cheerful!
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 01:56:19 AM »
I doubt I could understand it when it's in print but I'll try.

It has to do with caffeine attenuating the expression of fear memories. :smilenod: It's some interesting stuff. I don't fully agree with some of their conclusions in the paper but then again I was a mere slave undergrad intern at the time...

Wow, good job! It sounds interesting and I can't wait to read it!

:grin:

It's been sent to production. :smilenod: I've been obsessively tracking its progress. :P

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump
« Last post by Arturo on Today at 12:08:09 AM »
Politics / Re: Political picture dump
« Last post by Arturo on April 26, 2018, 11:42:05 PM »
I don't know if I can find a clip. If I do I'll add it in here.

But the "Trump" once said that "I went to an Ivy League school. I have words, the best words. But there's no better word than stupid." and the crowd roars with excitement.

Taken what I know from the fact that he was once a TV Star, and that reality shows where you have to play a part can get you so confused that you actually believe you are the character you are portraying, reality and fantasy can become blurred. However, the fact that he said "there is no better word than stupid" expresses what he holds in high regard "stupidity".

So not only does this man believe his own bullshit, he also actively wants to be stupid.

Oh my god the willfully ignorant just became president.

I feel like I am watching a mental breakdown.
Politics / Re: Deeper into the Trump Abyss.
« Last post by Arturo on April 26, 2018, 11:24:53 PM »
So I heard something about a draft.

A draft because of President wanting to do something in Syria.

I don't know like a chemical attack or something?

And he wants to draft us?

For the chemical attack?

Even though recruiters can't find anyone to join anyways?

I don't know what did you guys hear?
Politics / Re: Conscience and Religious Freedom Division at HHS
« Last post by Dave on April 26, 2018, 11:22:18 PM »
The smart thing is to keep religion out of it by design.

Well, Madbunny, that intention in the constitution is working well in America's policy forming bodies it seems. Religion is, in some ways, built into ours but rarely gets seriously in the way of common sense legislation and appeals in individual cases are mostly judged on general merit, as in the case where the decision was, "If you are a "public" baker you cannot legally refuse to make a wedding cake because the happy couple are both blokes."

That might leave the gate open for suing the doctor who refuses to treat a sick person because said doctor finds the patient's sexual orientation objectionable. Though there is room for refusing certain treatments where the patient's problem lifestyle, if continued, will undo that treatment. But the ballet dancer gets treatment for "vocational injuries" so they can carry on dancing - and thus risk further injury - where a heavy smoker who refuses to give up might be refused a lung transplant.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10