News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Happy Birthday, Evolution!

Started by Will, July 01, 2008, 09:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

150 years ago today the Linnaean Society of London were privy to a reading of a compositve paper on how natural selection explains the evolution of species. Charles Dawrin and Alfred Russel Wallace, on that very day, introduced the world to the most fascinating and beautiful story ever told: that of our origins.

So, in honor of 150 years of amazing scientific progress and an ever expanding understanding of where we have come from, let us tip our glasses and beakers to one of the most important readings of a composite paper in the history of biology: to evolution!

:beer:
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

leftyguitarjoe

:beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:

:banna:  :banna:  :banna:  :banna:  :banna:  :banna:  :banna:

Yay evolution!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 6277A3EDFD

crocofish

"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

susangail

I don't have a link but  

:hail:  :beer:
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Smallville

Quote from: "MariaEvri"want cake!!
And ice cream!
It's hot today.
Want ICE CREAM! :D
Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns will.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." â€" Nietzsche
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." - Clarence Darrow

susangail

Quote from: "Smallville"
Quote from: "MariaEvri"want cake!!
And ice cream!
It's hot today.
Want ICE CREAM! :D
I second that!
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

McQ

Scientist: "Happy birthday, Evo!"

Fundy: "Man, that's one ugly baby."

:D
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

susangail

Quote from: "MariaEvri"ice cream cake then!
Wow, you're smart!

Evolved

"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen