News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Music that moves you

Started by xSilverPhinx, March 16, 2018, 11:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I like most of the Copeland compositions.  I fear that I have some conflicting tastes.  For example I am a dedicated fan of classical guitar work.  Maybe because I became close friends with a young man in Lithuania who is a classical guitarist.  Long ago I liked Sergovia and Montoya but there are now so many brilliant classical guitarists that I can not select a favorite one.

Among the brilliant ones is Tatiana Ryzhkovia.  She is a lovely woman, one of the top tier sexy countenances but most importantly a superb musician. Here she is ...all four of her in some kind of clever contrivance for video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPu1om4WZsQ  She does many You tube solos of course.

One of the other beautiful woman guitarists is Ana Vidovich.  She plays a bit differently, perhaps a tiny bit more elegantly, than Tatiana but it is almost always moving stuff. There are numerous Asian women who are in the same league as those premier guitarists. Yenne Lee...https://www.youtube.com  How can a human manipulate all ten fingers so precisely as to make those wonderfully structured melodic sounds?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on March 20, 2018, 12:51:02 AM
How can a human manipulate all ten fingers so precisely as to make those wonderfully structured melodic sounds?

;D The brain is a wonderful thing.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 19, 2018, 05:04:33 AM

I also like Vaughan Williams. I have two other excellent versions of The Lark Ascending played by Hilary Hahn and Nigel Kennedy, of which I think I prefer Kennedy's. I think you will enjoy the Vaughan Williams Oboe Concerto, which has a similar bucolic feeling.

Thank you, that was lovely and helped me relax after an hour of cleaning and moving furniture around.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on March 20, 2018, 12:51:02 AM
How can a human manipulate all ten fingers so precisely as to make those wonderfully structured melodic sounds?

Yes, it is astonishing. Do you like Ravi Shankar? A good example of his genius is his performance at the Monterey festival in 1967, when you and I were younger men.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Here is a guy who has incredibly fast fingers....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylDrUdp_hNo   He has done many You Tube vids.  He is not a classical guitarist, this is called Gypsy style.

Bluenose

I went to see a concert a little while ago and one of the artists was Eric Bogle who sang his song, No Man's Land.  It always brings tears to my eyes and it did on that occasion as well.

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Bluenose on March 25, 2018, 04:23:16 AM
I went to see a concert a little while ago and one of the artists was Eric Bogle who sang his song, No Man's Land.  It always brings tears to my eyes and it did on that occasion as well.

Thank you. Eric Bogle's song moved me as well.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Probably not among the best singing voices but there is pain there.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

This one speaks for itself.

― Charles Eames

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tom62

This beautiful song brings tears in my eyes, every time I hear it.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Quote from: Tom62 on March 25, 2018, 04:47:20 PM

Me too. Brel and also Piaf always move me.
― Charles Eames

Tom62

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 25, 2018, 04:52:28 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on March 25, 2018, 04:47:20 PM
Me too. Brel and also Piaf always move me.

The song reminds me of my mother, who loved French music. She was a big fan of Edith Piaf.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Probably the most famous, and to me the most moving, of the Chants d'Auvergne by Canteloube, sung by Anna Carerina Antonacci.

― Charles Eames

OldGit

EDIT: Tank. OG Just highlight the url in the YouTube tags.