News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Having no talent for photographic pursuits, I can only refer you to exhibits like this....https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-45978380   

Some of these are stunning to say the least.

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 02, 2018, 12:25:26 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 02, 2018, 11:44:08 AM
I love that shed!

It's a poolside thatched area very good for barbecue parties.

Are there many thatchers in South Africa? It seems like an interesting trade.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on November 03, 2018, 12:26:20 AM
I love that shed!

Yes, there are many skilled thatchers. It is one of the traditional indigenous building techniques. Of course, it is also common in Britain and some other countries of origin of the hordes of white immigrants who came here and who brought the trade with them.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on November 03, 2018, 12:26:20 AM
I love that shed!

Here is a page of pictures of some South African thatched houses. I personally would not want to live in one, but I must admit they can look attractive.

https://www.google.com/search?q=thatch+houses+in+south+africa&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjtrJqSobfeAhVLAsAKHUUQDmQQ7Al6BAgGEBs&biw=1920&bih=927
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

jumbojak

I think I'm going to try to preserve it. I'll wait for a cold day and try to cut it away from the wall.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on November 08, 2018, 03:36:44 AM
I think I'm going to try to preserve it. I'll wait for a cold day and try to cut it away from the wall.

Why not paint it with some thin varnish a few times before you try and remove it? That will strengthen it and bring out the structure. It could make a beautiful ornament.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Have you considered using one of those reach cgrabber  things to place some dry ice under the nest pod?  Freezing the little bastards could be an option until you can coat the pod with varnish, laquer, or shellac (or cyanide).........paying special attention to plugging the exit hole with some Bondo or other bulletproof stickum.  Attack them at night when their activity is at its minimum.