News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

We should have a tutorial

Started by Asmodean, June 22, 2008, 02:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

I think we should have a tutorial or two explaining the bb-code. Such as quoting and multi-quoting (which would need to include removing exactly the quote you want removed from a long post, or splitting a quote to put your own comments in)

Also an explanation of linking* and posting (and linking to) images using bb-code would probably not go amiss with some.

*just a demo-link

Generally, some explanations for things for which the FAQ has none. Most people who have been around forums can do this stuff with their eyes closed while scratching behind their ears with their toes, but not all people come here after years of roaming the message boards.  :cool:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

here's the one for quoting.

But you are right...BBCode is a bit confusing if you don't know what is going on.  I'll work on a tutorial (unless you want to make one  :D )

Asmodean

Quote from: "laetusatheos"here's the one for quoting.
Where?   :P

Quote from: "laetusatheos"But you are right...BBCode is a bit confusing if you don't know what is going on.  I'll work on a tutorial (unless you want to make one  :hmm: I'm lazy, but if you want me to, I'll make one.  :hide:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Squid

Here's a few of the basics on this site:

Clicky

Whitney

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "laetusatheos"here's the one for quoting.
Where?   :P

oops  viewtopic.php?f=11&t=203

Asmodean

Quote from: "laetusatheos"oops  viewtopic.php?f=11&t=203

Ah! Now I see it.  :D ) It could benefit from things like what I just did - cutting out the first quote(s) or selective cutting out quotes or splitting while keeping old quotes in place.

Quote from: "Squid"Here's a few of the basics on this site:

Clicky

^^We should have a link to it in an obvious place.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.