News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Happy Atheists, I need help being happy with death

Started by Im_Freaking_OUT, December 25, 2010, 01:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

For me, I hate death more than actually fear it. I don't know what will happen, but since I don't believe in heaven or hell, I could care less.

What death is to me, is a big douche who takes away people I care for. The sadness I feel from death is ONLY because I won't be able to see, laugh, touch, of speak to this person or animal/pet ever again.

I know it sounds lame, but that is my only concern. Losing my friend and  girlfriend, not being able to share our lives together after a certain point depresses me.   But I do not fear death, because that is pointless.   I do fear assholes who fucking murder innocent people though, as I do have as fear of being murdered!   :-\
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Evilbeagle

I think I take the stand point I explained to my Dad when Mum died.

If death is the total end of every thing, you needn't worry. You can't feel pain when you're dead.

If death is not the total end of every thing then its a whole new form of existence to explore.

I think a lot of people fear the physical act of dying more than actually being dead.

And anyway I don't believe in the classic Christian "being judged" and "being punished".

Even if it did come to that I would have a hell of a lot of question and complaints for any so-called loving God
that could do that to his own children.
England expects every man to heed the old lie: "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Medusa

i finished watching What dreams may come. There is a wonderful bit of dialog going on between the husband and his traveling companion in heaven..

Albert: Are you loosing your fear?
Chris Nielsen: Fear?
Albert: That you disappeared? You didn't, you only died.

Your body dies. But you don't disappear. You are still here. Just in a different way.
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...