News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 18, 2020, 02:10:55 PM

Excellent choice Bad Penny 8)...two of my favorite artists.

Van Morrison was exposed to blues music early on in his childhood (As well as country and gospel), as his father had an album collection which was at one time one of the largest in his hometown. (His father actually acquired some  of it while spending time working here in Detroit).

Van Morrison has said, "If it weren't for guys like Ray and Solomon, I wouldn't be where I am today. Those guys were the inspiration that got me going. If it wasn't for that kind of music, I couldn't do what I'm doing now."

Van is also one hellava harmonica player!

I've listened to this several times already.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

joeactor

Magdalena

:tellmemore:

Who here doesn't like this song?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on January 22, 2020, 12:01:11 AM

When I listen to the song, I hear "Hold me closer Tony Danza." And imagine the song is about having Tony Danza hugging him.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on January 22, 2020, 03:42:45 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 22, 2020, 12:01:11 AM

When I listen to the song, I hear "Hold me closer Tony Danza." And imagine the song is about having Tony Danza hugging him.
:snicker:

Misheard Lyrics:
Haul my clothes off. Tie me down, sir.
Original Lyrics:
Hold me closer, tiny dancer

Misheard Lyrics:
Hold me close, I'm trying to dance here.
Original Lyrics:
Hold me closer tiny dancer.

Misheard Lyrics:
Hold me closer Tony Danza
We'll drink the Kool-Aid off the highway.
Original Lyrics:
Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway.

Misheard Lyrics:
Hold me closer, Tiny Hamster
Original Lyrics:
Hold me closer, tiny dancer

Misheard Lyrics:
Janet Reno, you must have seen her.
Original Lyrics:
Ballerina, you must have seen her.

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/song/tinydancer.shtml

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Biggus Dickus

Live performance of the Playing For Change Band from their show in Goiânia, Brazil during their most recent tour. "Cora," an original song written by band member Mermans Mosengo, is a song about love at first sight.

Might as well post Soul Rebel featuring Bunny Wailer, Manu Chao...good stuff.
Song Around The World

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on January 22, 2020, 05:21:07 PM

:lol:

Reminds me of the past...

I covered it to protect those who are easily offended.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Biggus Dickus

Feeling nostalgic today.

Earlier this week a coworker and I had to travel by car together to visit a customer due to a quality issue. My coworker drove, and they only listen to "80's On 8" in their car. Nothing. Else.

Of course I like 80's music, and as I explained to my co-worker I was there for the 80's so it's definitely a part of my life, but not every song is equal, and there were times I wanted, and even asked to change the channel, but it's their car, their radio so I had to suck it up. (Next time we have to travel together I'm going to insist on driving, and then the revenge will be mine!)

Best I could do was turn the volume down when some songs came on I didn't like, and attempt to talk over it (Such as "We Built This City", by Starship...yuckity yuck)

Then this happened.

So this afternoon while doing some chores around the house I've been playing nothin butt Roxy Music. (Luckily no one else was home, so I was able to turn up the volume, and sing along at will...bet you all wish you could have listened 8)

However. I have to be careful when listening to Roxy Music around the wife.
In the years before her and I were married I was seriously dating a woman who I was very, very close to. To put mildly, the time we spent together was extremely wild, and explorative. A time which included clubbing together, and music was a huge part of our lives, especially Roxy Music.

We broke up before I joined the Army, but remained friends for some time. While I was in the army and deployed she would send me mix music tapes. Occasionally on the tapes she would make these little recordings between songs, usually how a particular song reminded her of certain events or times in our lives together, but sometimes just random thoughts or messages.

I loved these tapes

One tape in particular was mainly Roxy Music. Now I had saved the tapes, and as luck would have it, this one particular tape with Roxy Music on it made it into our home stereo system, and long story short my wife (Socorro) had put the tape on and played it.

First 30 minutes of the tape no problem, just good music, but then the following song came on and after the song finished my ex-girlfriends voice comes on, and she is describing in vivid detail how this particular song was our favorite to make love to, and how whenever she hears it she can't think of anything else, and finishes by asking me rhetorically on the tape if I have the same thoughts.

Sigh. Obviously Socorro was upset, and she made me get rid of all the tapes from the ex I had saved.

Now if a Roxy Music song comes on and we are together she will just give me the look, and I usually give her a sheepish grin in return and try to look disinterested, and if possible change the song...funny thing is our daughter loves 80's music, and during her wedding reception a Roxy Music song came on.

I asked Socorro to dance.

She just gave me the "Look", and walked away, along with a little flick of her finger :P

Oh well.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

my telephone cant copy youtube links

this boy will never live this down

[Edited to include YouTube tags. - R]