News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

My way of thinking

Started by bizarria, March 17, 2007, 03:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bizarria

We're nothing but a random result of matter organization. After death, we'll just decompose, and plants and other living beings will use our mortal corpses as fuel for their own lives. Scientific method takes reason as its tool, and in reason I believe. Perhaps someday humanity will find a ultimate explanation that lets no doubts about anything that occurs in universe, but I think I won't see this day.

I tried to summarize my way of thinking. In the last 3 years I've become a atheist. I once believed in god. Actually, I was afraid of going to hell with my mean thoughts, my lack of interest to go to church, and the emptness I ever felt in prayer, as if I was talking to nothing. Studying made me turn into an atheist.

In a later edit I'll give some more details. It's quite late here. Good night.

SteveS

Quote from: "bizarria"Studying made me turn into an atheist.

Shhhh, don't tell the schoolboard....  :wink:

I have much the same thoughts.  One thing, I used to get hung up on the old "why does anything exist at all?" question.  Then, I realized I was trying to answer,

Question #2) What is the purpose of the Universe?

without first understanding if this question even made sense.  I was stuck on question 2 without ever answering,

Question #1) Is there a purpose to the Universe?

If the answer to this is no, then we don't even have to worry about question #2.  "Does Not Apply" is the answer.  I'm not saying I know there isn't a purpose, I'm just saying I have no idea, but I don't observe any readily apparent reason to think there is.

Why do we infer purpose from existence?  Almost everyone does, so there's got to be some answer.

Quote from: "bizarria"Perhaps someday humanity will find a ultimate explanation that lets no doubts about anything that occurs in universe
My long awaited answer to question #1

Quote from: "bizarria"but I think I won't see this day.
Yeah, I don't think I will either.  Cheers!