News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Mozart's 40th, to remind myself what Radiant's got to analyse.  It's very well known, but in my total ignorance of musical theory I can't say anything useful.

How about, 'It jiggles up and down a lot and goes diddy-Dum diddy-Dum diddy-DUM'?

Claireliontamer

Noah and The Whale - Last Night on Earth album

Guardian85

Quote from: Claireliontamer on December 10, 2012, 10:08:04 AM
The Killers - Romeo and Juliet

Edit - I've just found out it's actually a Dire Straits cover, you learn something new everyday! 

You didn't know?  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64vvX6-d_JY

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 10, 2012, 04:59:21 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on December 10, 2012, 10:08:04 AM
The Killers - Romeo and Juliet

Edit - I've just found out it's actually a Dire Straits cover, you learn something new everyday!  

You didn't know?  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64vvX6-d_JY

Nope, I live an ignorant life :)  I actually prefer the Killers version.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87cLyBR1JTo

Siz

Sepultura - Refuse resist.

Ahh, the reminiscence. I saw them several times in my university days. Good clean, meaty guitar sound - was always what I used to try to get my little Fender50 to sound like... and failed.

Any recommendations on some similar, more 'current' offerings?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Claireliontamer

It's a Queens of The Stone Age type of morning here.

Siz

Celldweller - Soundtrack for the voices in my head.

Techno/Glitch/Thrash - I've found me a new favourite genre...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tom62

Robert Long's album "Vroeger of Later". When it was released in 1974; the album caused great controversy, because the album contained very critical songs about politics, hypocritical "morals" and religion, as well as sensitive songs about homosexuality and suicide. The album was boycotted by all Christian broadcasting companies in the Netherlands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dzAPcqxiww
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Crow

Retired member.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Amicale

I'm listening to the sounds of silence.

No, not the Simon & Garfunkel song.

I think my laptop speakers are screwed up. :( or I'm doing something wrong. My computer can play random sounds (like if I click on my sound icon and jack the sound all the way up, I'll hear that usual bell chime thing) but if I try to play something on a website/youtube, the video plays and no sound happens. And nope, it's not on mute on youtube, and if I go to the sound mixer on my computer, all the possible sound bars are as high as they'll go.

Grrrrrrr.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Amicale on December 11, 2012, 08:11:11 PM

I think my laptop speakers are screwed up. :( or I'm doing something wrong. My computer can play random sounds (like if I click on my sound icon and jack the sound all the way up, I'll hear that usual bell chime thing) but if I try to play something on a website/youtube, the video plays and no sound happens. And nope, it's not on mute on youtube, and if I go to the sound mixer on my computer, all the possible sound bars are as high as they'll go.

Grrrrrrr.

Turn the computer off and on again, or failing that hit it with a large hammer :)

Amicale

Quote from: Claireliontamer on December 11, 2012, 08:17:27 PM
Quote from: Amicale on December 11, 2012, 08:11:11 PM

Grrrrrrr.

Turn the computer off and on again, or failing that hit it with a large hammer :)

I suspect the large hammer would be kinder. This laptop isn't long for this world anyway.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Whenever I get sound of video problems the first thing that comes to mind are the codec. Usually in my case it was because of some incompatibility or outdated codec pack. Don't take my word for it though, but it might be that.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Claireliontamer

I am having a 60s classics sing along session....

Otis Reading, Marvin Gaye, Ben E King, Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin to name but a few that I've been told to stop singing to!