News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Christmas-time is here.

Started by Fi, November 22, 2011, 05:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Crocoduck on December 09, 2011, 08:02:40 PM
I also love some of the movies like Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story although I read Jean Shepherd book last year and it was so different from the movie I it's weird watching the movie.

You know, I've never seen either one of those.  My favorites are The Nutcracker (the real one), and that classic Art Carney Twilight Zone episode, The Night of the Meek.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crocoduck

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 08:27:44 PM
It is a tradition for my mom, brother, and me to watch Christmas Vacation. Heck, Mom named her cat after Ruby Sue (her eyes were crossed as a kitten)

Ruby Sue:  Rocky bit my thumb. Him's nervous.
Clark:  Nervous or excited?
Ruby  Sue: Shittin' bricks.
Clark:  You shouldn't use that word.
Ruby Sue:  Sorry. Shittin' rocks

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Buddy

Quote from: Crocoduck on December 09, 2011, 09:22:40 PM
It is a tradition for my mom, brother, and me to watch Christmas Vacation. Heck, Mom named her cat after Ruby Sue (her eyes were crossed as a kitten)

Best. Line. Ever
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Fi

Quote from: IcyBabe on December 08, 2011, 05:45:07 AM
Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year simply for the spirit of it all and the cold weather, fresh tree smell in the house, hot cocoa, good food, time with the family etc. etc.  It's the experience of it than anything religious involved that I can't get enough of :) 

That pretty much sums it up for me. Well, except for "fresh tree smell in the house." We have a fake tree due to horrible, horrible allergies. XD

And as a person who is probably part magpie, any excuse to cover buildings and trees and lamp posts and stuff in shiny objects is a good one.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 09:27:04 PM
Quote from: Crocoduck on December 09, 2011, 09:22:40 PM

Best. Line. Ever
LOL
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.