News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Facebook

Started by Wessik, January 19, 2012, 07:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wessik

This is my attempt at a precise, if short, essay:

Facebook
A short and precise essay

Facebook creates an environment in which mistakes are much more likely to damage an individual's reputation. Youth, believing content uploaded to the site to be harmless, are more likely to misjudge the acceptability of what they post. We must not restrict their expression, however, for youth with confidence and strong principles are already discerning and capable adults, as opposed to more small-minded individuals. Fortunately, while pettiness and good judgment will always coexist, the presence of maturity shall always increase growth in others. Thus, as Facebook continues to shape expression, growth becomes necessary amongst its users, and so long as that commitment remains, a final judgment on the effect of such websites remains undecided.
I have my own blog! redkarp.blogspot.com!

Amicale

Even though Facebook has all kinds of privacy controls, the people I've added to my facebook are all work colleagues or ex-students who wished to remain in touch. Anything I post, I consider absolutely public. If I wouldn't want my grandmother reading it, I shouldn't want co-workers or students reading it there, either. I know and realize MOST people use Facebook in a personal way, to keep track of friends, etc... fine. :) I just prefer to do that in a different way, generally through phone calls, text messages, emails, and face to face contact when possible.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

I'm sorry, but why does this belong in social issues and causes?
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

This is a short ass essay by Asmo:

Facebook. All your personal data is belong to us nao!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Facebook is pretty pointless IMO.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.