News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Are Christian Morals Superior?

Started by Asherah, April 23, 2012, 03:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Quote from: Asmodean on June 17, 2012, 08:17:20 AM
When will New Zealand become Old Zealand anyways?  ??? How long can all those "New" places remain new?
New Zealand was named after the province of Zeeland in the Netherlands. The Dutchies are (again) to blame
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Stevil

Quote from: Asmodean on June 17, 2012, 08:17:20 AM
When will New Zealand become Old Zealand anyways?  ??? How long can all those "New" places remain new?
In Dubai they have New New Zealand

Asmodean

Ah, but you see, when I am ten and someone else is 20, I am new compared to them. However, when I am 40 and they are 50, then we are both... Used. Second-hand. OLD.

Thus, the "New" thing is kind of... Weird.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Asmodean on June 17, 2012, 10:17:21 AM
Ah, but you see, when I am ten and someone else is 20, I am new compared to them. However, when I am 40 and they are 50, then we are both... Used. Second-hand. OLD.

Thus, the "New" thing is kind of... Weird.
I always thought that about New York.
we'll be New New York, like in Futurama, someday.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

cncracer

Getting back on topic, I have never seen Christianity as a moral religion. They talk the talk of being moral and good, but when a religion condones slavery, genocide, discrimination, human intellectual repression, and has lived up to these killing standards over the last 2000 years to the tune of 250,000,000 humans killed, than it is just BS not truth. I have to say the Christian faith is amoral, and based on power and greed. When you open your eyes to the truth it is like the old black spritural said, "the Truth Will Set You Free". We just need to get more people to take a look at what their religion thinks is acceptable.   

En_Route

Quote from: cncracer on July 08, 2012, 11:32:08 AM
Getting back on topic, I have never seen Christianity as a moral religion. They talk the talk of being moral and good, but when a religion condones slavery, genocide, discrimination, human intellectual repression, and has lived up to these killing standards over the last 2000 years to the tune of 250,000,000 humans killed, than it is just BS not truth. I have to say the Christian faith is amoral, and based on power and greed. When you open your eyes to the truth it is like the old black spritural said, "the Truth Will Set You Free". We just need to get more people to take a look at what their religion thinks is acceptable.   

That  mean old pope is forever urging a return to slavery and finishing where the holocaust left off. Wouldn't surprise if me that death toll is up to 250,000,001 by the time I post this.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

markmcdaniel

Quote from: cncracer on July 08, 2012, 11:32:08 AM
Plus killing and torturing any one that deviated from there orthodoxy. cncracer can you provide a reference for your casulty number. It would not surprise me if it was true, but, I would like to see how it was derived.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

The Magic Pudding

There is religious radio show on of a Sunday night with a moderate presenter.  I tend to avoid it but it includes a quiz called "The Inquisition."  The name doesn't bother me but it does seem a little odd they'd use it.  I don't think they'd use Holocaust, pogrom or ethnic cleansing for a name but Inquisition is OK and crusade too I suppose.