News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What would you want said of you after you're dead?

Started by Sandra Craft, February 12, 2012, 06:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

I'll post something thoughtful later, but this one's a cute one:  ;D

On a housewife:

Mary Weary, Housewife

Dere Friends I am going

Where washing ain't done

Or cooking or sewing:

Don't mourn for me now

Or weep for me never:

For I go to do nothing

Forever and ever!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Melmoth

I enjoyed the funeral. I liked that bit half way through the reverend's speech when his body inflated with hydrogen, slowly drifted up out of the casket, circled the room a few times while Churchill's "We Will Fight Them in the Air" speech boomed out of hidden speakers in his jacket, then exploded, showing everyone with blood and offal. The look on that old vicar's face was hilarious. And the food, too, the food was nice.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

OldGit

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on February 14, 2012, 09:44:16 AM
He made us laugh.
Well you defintley have managed that!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

OK, my (somewhat) serious answer: I'd like people to remember me as a friendly, helpful person who made them laugh.

I'd also want them to say "thank God she's gone, she'll never send us another LOLcat!"  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Buddy

I was thinking today, and by the time I die, we could probably put moving pictures on tombstones. Of so, I want my sig put on mine.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Something else that would be particularly good to hear at a funeral: "look! She's moving!"  ;D

Tank

If you haven't seen the British version of "Death at a funeral" I highly recommend it. It's a classic piece of farce! The US version is not as good.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on February 15, 2012, 06:51:18 AM
If you haven't seen the British version of "Death at a funeral" I highly recommend it. It's a classic piece of farce! The US version is not as good.

I LOVE the British version. And yes, it's so much better than the American one. The British one's hilarious. (Then again, I may be biased. I really enjoy British culture in general.)

Asmodean

What I would actually like my head stone to say is "I'm dead. Get over it - I have"
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Asmodean on February 15, 2012, 09:11:43 AM
What I would actually like my head stone to say is "I'm dead. Get over it - I have"

That is brilliant.
Retired member.

Buddy

"Well, at least we won't hear nonstop talk about her pets anymore."  :D

joeactor

Quote from: Amicale on February 15, 2012, 07:03:10 AM

I LOVE the British version. And yes, it's so much better than the American one. The British one's hilarious. (Then again, I may be biased. I really enjoy British culture in general.)

+1 for the British version.  I'm guessing they made the American one for people who don't like sub-titles...

As for after I'm gone, I dunno... maybe "What the heck was that!?!?!"

Sandra Craft

But at least they both had Peter Dinklage.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany