News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Proudness poll

Started by pytheas, January 20, 2012, 07:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

16 on the Luchan chart, or thereabouts.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Pink with light beige speckles
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on January 21, 2012, 11:18:20 AM
Pink with light beige speckles

I've heard that the indigenous people of Aus arid areas saw the first white men as pink.
Probably a crimson verging on red kind of pink.

Ali

Quote from: pytheas on January 21, 2012, 07:31:42 AM
Quote from: Ali on January 20, 2012, 09:40:45 PM
Are you asking what color we are?

I depends on the time of year I guess.  Usually I'm sort of yellow-ish, but in the summer I get more brownish, and right now I'm pasty with pink swirls. 
you sound as if in denial

LOL!!  In denial of what?  That's actually what color my skin is (assuming that's what you're asking.)  During the winter, I turn a kind of pale yellow.  I recently noticed that my skin right now is the exact same color as my Korean friend's, if that helps you picture it. That made me happy because she's got gorgeous skin and I'm happy to resemble any part of it.   If I get any sun in the summer, I turn brown.  Right now I'm sick, so I'm paler than usual and my nose and under my nose and around my eyes is pink.  Exactly what I said.  I'm not in denial or ashamed of my "color."  I think I have a fine color.

McQ

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Ali

Quote from: McQ on January 21, 2012, 04:14:50 PM
Pretty much a 19 on the von Luschan Scale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Felix_von_Luschan_Skin_Color_chart.svg

Nice!

At the moment, my arms are about an 18, but my face is about a 4.  LOL   In the summer if I get enough sun, I can get up to about a 21.

The Magic Pudding

There is a big gap between 26 and 27.
I think I was one of the last generation that thought tanned was good.
I did stop seeking colouration from the sun a long while back.
I haven't had to have bits of myself cut away as yet.

Genericguy

Thou shalt not be 26 and a half.

Amicale

Score another for the WTF category :) but according to that Luschan chart, I'd say I'm generally between a 24 to a 26, depending on the time of year. I've never actually met anyone who was a 1 to a 16, though...

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Really?  There must be a lot more pasty white people here in CO then.  My husband is maaaybe a 14.  He's PALE.

pytheas

Don't get me wrong folks!

I just miss black, yellow, red and beige friends to play with and for my kids to play with their kids.

stranded in a redneck-variety of goat-herding mountainous bigots, confined and segregated on the basis christian? =then greek, with only recently flood inflow examples of multicoloured "alien cultrures" of truly destitude refugee-immigrants that are treated Abominably.

what you might take for granted some are fighting for
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE

Asmodean

Quote from: pytheas on January 22, 2012, 07:55:24 AM
...And others are fighting to get rid of.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

I think I know what you mean Pytheas.  Some people are too scared to admit that they even see the color of people's skin.  First of all, I call BS whenever someone says something like "Oh, is he (insert whatever "color" here)?  I hadn't noticed..."  That's not the way our brains work.  We sort and store info about our world by putting things in categories using both similarities and differences.  That's why we can recognize a pine, a maple, an ash, but we can also also recognize that they are all trees.  That's just how our brains work.  But I also think that by refusing to acknowledge differences, we are losing out on the beauty of diversity.  Humans are a lovely diverse lot with all sorts of beautiful variations.  I'd rather celebrate that than ignore it.

pytheas

Quote from: Asmodean on January 22, 2012, 09:42:23 AM
Quote from: pytheas on January 22, 2012, 07:55:24 AM
...And others are fighting to get rid of.
i like you
Quote from: Ali
I think I know what you mean
you do, thanks, party on
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.