Main Menu

The End Of The Male

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, October 31, 2011, 02:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on November 02, 2011, 01:33:08 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 01, 2011, 04:01:18 PM
Speculating way into the future is out of my comfort zone
Didn't they just behead somebody in Saudi Arabia or some such for pretty much exactly that sort of activity..?

I guess the amount of people they've beheaded in those countries has already crossed over from tragedy to statistics.

QuoteWomen will realize that most wars, violence, oppression and other evils in their lives are usually caused by men. It may take awhile, but that's my prediction.

There's probably an easier way to solve this, just vote only women into power, no need to cause the extinction of men before humankind itself becomes extinct. ;) I find it kind of humourous to speculate on what an all-woman government would behave like...

(and you guys might want to heavily invest in biotechnology, because the thing that makes you men is disappearing)

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2011, 03:00:29 PM

There's probably an easier way to solve this, just vote only women into power, no need to cause the extinction of men before humankind itself becomes extinct. ;) I find it kind of humourous to speculate on what an all-woman government would behave like...

You heard of Margret Thatcher?
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on November 02, 2011, 03:04:01 PM

The name, yes. The details, I've never really bothered with. What's the worst?

Ecurb Noselrub

the thing that makes you men is disappearing 

Yes, it does shrink with age.

One way or the other, we're toast.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on November 02, 2011, 03:04:01 PM

Yes, the best man the Conservative party ever had!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2011, 03:05:47 PM

Honestly wouldn't even know where to start but she is a good example that women in government wouldn't necessarily make a positive impact.

Quote from: Tank on November 02, 2011, 03:16:45 PM

Rotfl.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 02, 2011, 03:15:16 PM

the thing that makes you men is disappearing 

Yes, it does shrink with age.

One way or the other, we're toast.

Calm down, man. We're a species that has taken some of our own evolution into our own hands, so even if the Y chromosome is naturally disappearing, doesn't mean it will. And as for women to eventually choose men out of existence, I don't know. It seems far fetched. There are too many things that could happen that could sway these things in one direction or another.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on November 02, 2011, 03:23:06 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2011, 03:05:47 PM

Honestly wouldn't even know where to start but she is a good example that women in government wouldn't necessarily make a positive impact.

Quote from: Tank on November 02, 2011, 03:16:45 PM

Rotfl.

Must be because she's a Conservative, then! :P

(I actually think that diversity - men, women, old, young, left and centre left - is better than too much of sameness, so don't take my comment on an all women government too seriously ;) )

DeterminedJuliet

Proponents of Queer Theory would argue that the dichotomy of male/female itself is antiquated and, in the future, we won't have the definitions of "male" and "female" the same way we do now. There are also some feminists who argue that women's "reproductive power" is a curse, rather than an advantage. There's a good possibility that we could move away from biological reproduction altogether - babies will be supported artificially until they are viable. 

So, in theory, there could be no "male" or "female" and all babies could be reared in vats. Does that make you feel better?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 02, 2011, 04:26:11 PM
Proponents of Queer Theory would argue that the dichotomy of male/female itself is antiquated and, in the future, we won't have the definitions of "male" and "female" the same way we do now. There are also some feminists who argue that women's "reproductive power" is a curse, rather than an advantage. There's a good possibility that we could move away from biological reproduction altogether - babies will be supported artificially until they are viable. 

So, in theory, there could be no "male" or "female" and all babies could be reared in vats. Does that make you feel better?

What a weird future. Looks perfectly plausible.

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2011, 04:20:18 PM
Must be because she's a Conservative, then! :P
;D

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2011, 04:20:18 PM
(I actually think that diversity - men, women, old, young, left and centre left - is better than too much of sameness, so don't take my comment on an all women government too seriously ;) )
I totally agree.
Retired member.

Stevil

Norfolk And Chance

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 02, 2011, 01:35:08 AM
Well, you've all given a lot of good reasons why I don't have to worry about my gender disappearing.  But all of your comments to the contrary notwithstanding, it appears to me that the flow of history, the Zeitgeist, the spirit of the age, is all in favor of the female. Even patriarchal societies such as those found in Islamic countries will eventually have to move toward equality for women.  With the dominance of social media, women have a voice throughout the world, and it will be hard for any country to keep them oppressed for long. And once they gain equality, they immediately have superiority, because they control sex and they control reproduction.  Eventually, that will certainly mean that the vast majority of people will be female, as women will see fewer and fewer reasons to put up with men.  They will choose to have female children in great majorities, and men will become like drones in a beehive.  Women will realize that most wars, violence, oppression and other evils in their lives are usually caused by men. It may take awhile, but that's my prediction.

You'll be telling us that there's an invisible fairy in the sky next.
Reality is the stuff that doesn't go away when you stop believing in it ~ Matt Dillahunty

Asmodean

Oh, YEAH!  :D I want to see that world before I die.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Too Few Lions

All very 'Brave New World'!

Personally I can't see the end of the male (or female). Both sexes bring something to the table and offer different things to society, I would think any society that tried to do without either sex would be weaker as a result, and less likely to survive long term (reproduction aside).

Plus this also assumes that all heterosexual women are going to stop fancying men, and that all women get from men now is somenone to father their babies. I think there's far more to it than that. A lot of people are attracted to the opposite sex and enjoy sex, and being in a relationship and in love with someone. I can't see any of that going away.

And Maggie Thatcher shows that it's not just men who like going to war! I also think it's wrong to say that women would be better off without men because 'most wars, violence, oppression and other evils are usually caused by men', they're caused by certain men. Personally I don't feel I have anything in common with such men other than my gender, to lump all men together is sexism.